Ford Nugget

This is why it’s great that the transporter can be whatever you want it to be. I found the traditional side layout hopeless and my layout is ideal. The only reason I will probably change is to get more height and space inside at the back to store bike/inflatable kayak etc.
It does look like storage space is limited in these rear kitchen setups. Do you have an awning etc? If so where do you store it?

It does look like storage space is limited in these rear kitchen setups. Do you have an awning etc? If so where do you store it?
No I don’t have an awning, I had an Idris Low but found it too much of a faff and sold it. I have a Thule side canopy though which I do use. There’s actually loads of cupboard and drawer space in the units either side. Anything big like Kayak or pop top cover (though I rarely use that either) go on the floor in front of the rear seat. The downstairs bed folds over the top of the rotated front seats and is very comfortable, though it’s only sort of 3/4 width rather than double and would struggle with 2 large adults, fine with 2 kids though.

Storage can be limited with a rear kitchen, especially a SWB without a hitop. Our bedding and chairs go on our drivers side rear seat. We don't have room to store an awning.

Back