Folding Wing-Mirrors on the key?

Mavis628

T6 Pro
Hi guys
My van has folding mirror option from factory yet don’t fold in when I lock the van I have to turn the knob in the cab to make them fold in, is there anyway of getting them to fold in when I lock with the key, my. Either 18 plate sportline mirror fold in when locked with the key

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to find someone local you you that has VCDS and offer them a beer.

Hi guys
My van has folding mirror option from factor yet don’t fold in when I lock the van I have to turn the knob in the cab to make the fold in, is there anyway of getting them to fold in when I lock with the key, my. Either 18 plate sportline mirror fold in when locked with the key
You say lock with the key? Do you mean fob? If it's the fob try keeping it pressed for longer and if it is already programmed your mirrors will fold in.

You need to press and HOLD the lock button for a few seconds for "comfort closing" functions.

It will fold mirrors, close windows, close sunroof Etc.

Then just a click of the unlock button to go back to normal..... mirrors fold down with ignition on or a short time later.

I’ve tried holding the lock button down doesn’t work can it be coded so this will work?

@Loz where abouts are you

From memory, some owners reported that the mirror adjustment switch has to initially be in a certain position. Just holding the lock button on your remote in the different switch positions.

Mine didn't actually work from new either, but then did.

Do your windows close by holding the lock button?

From memory, some owners reported that the mirror adjustment switch has to initially be in a certain position. Just holding the lock button on your remote in the different switch positions.

Mine didn't actually work from new either, but then did.

Do your windows close by holding the lock button?
I havnt actually tested to see if the windows close or not, I will check to night when I’m back from footy.

Thanks

It should be possible on the MY18, probably just need VCDS. TheMY16 could definately be recoded (as that is what I have done). The MY17 can not currently be done as no-one has managed to crack the programming yet.
I believe that the MY18 was able to be done though.

My '18 works okay. You just hold the lock button down for a period of time and comfort closing then comes into play, doing mirrors and shutting windows if needed.

It is a shame that they don't automatically go up on a single lock though I must say.

Try closing windows to top then holding button in up position for 5 seconds then wind down to very bottom and hold in down position for 5 seconds. It might be vice versa but it resets the mirrors.

Try closing windows to top then holding button in up position for 5 seconds then wind down to very bottom and hold in down position for 5 seconds. It might be vice versa but it resets the mirrors.
Windows go up when I hold the lock button down mirrors don’t move though! Tried holding the window up and down for 5 seconds didn’t help, what next code them so that they fold in?

@Mavis628 If your van is a MY18 then this should work. If you’ve had the battery off then the comfort features might need to be reset. Cycling the windows up and down only resets the windows. You need to do the same with the mirrors. From the switch on the door, fold them up then fold them back down again. This will reset them and they should then fold up using the comfort closing feature. Press and hold the lock button until your indicators flash for a second time.

When I disconnected my battery the one touch windows stopped working and the folding mirrors never worked off the long hold on the fob
But it was resetting the one touch Windows that sorted both out
There is a post on the forum that tells you how to do it correctly
Well it worked for me

edit:
Pull the window button up for at least 1 second.
let go and pull again for at least 1 second and one touch should be restored.

Just remembered I had to do it to both Windows just doing it to the drivers it still never worked
But did after doing the passengers as well

Back