66 plate auto folding mirror conversion

Iany1954

T6 Pro
I’m thinking of converting my van to have auto folding mirrors. They presently fold on the drivers door switch only. I’m familiar with the possible options for achieving this but need confirmation of the MY number. I think (being 66 registered 26/9/2016) it’s MY17 and requires hardware. Can anyone confirm this or advise how I can find out?

I’m thinking of converting my van to have auto folding mirrors. They presently fold on the drivers door switch only. I’m familiar with the possible options for achieving this but need confirmation of the MY number. I think (being 66 registered 26/9/2016) it’s MY17 and requires hardware. Can anyone confirm this or advise how I can find out?
not a guarantee; you need to look at the revision numbers of the door control modules in VCDS
mine is the same build month, so you are unlikely to be able to program this option. You will need a hardware option.

not a guarantee; you need to look at the revision numbers of the door control modules in VCDS
mine is the same build month, so you are unlikely to be able to program this option. You will need a hardware option.
Thanks for that, it’s as I thought. I’ll have a look at the door modules. I’m inclined to by the cheap hardware parts (about £20) anyway so that I don’t potentially need to remove the door cards at least twice! I remember the last time as a bit of a struggle and several damaged clips.
Ian

I’ve managed to photo the RHS door module! Photo is attached. Can anyone confirm whether this type supports auto mirror folding (thus need programming) or not (thus need hardware).

It’s 7E0 959 801 Q

Many thanks
Ian

3753F483-0F86-43F1-9524-E81C3FF8F56E.jpeg

Thought so. I’ve order the parts for the diy modification using an eBay module. Just need warmer weather to ease the door card removal! Many thanks for the reply loz

Thought so. I’ve order the parts for the diy modification using an eBay module. Just need warmer weather to ease the door card removal! Many thanks for the reply loz
Do you have a link to parts please and have you had chance to install yours? TIA

Hi, the module I ordered was on eBay. Not available from original supplier. Units are available here Intelligent Control Car Auto Side Mirror Folding System Module Universal Styling | eBay
please note though that I had to add timers to the switched fold/unfold signals to ensure correct switch operation. See the thread

Retrofit: Power fold mirror with fold on remote lock (mainly page 10 onwards)​

Lots of discussion on circuits and problems. I eventually used a single relay version and two timers on the switched fold/unfold inputs. Note that since the timers are powered by the ignition 12v there is no parasitic current draw. I did eventually modify the module circuit board with diodes, resistors, capacitors which made the same operation as the two external timers (I was an electronic engineer in previous times!).

I've had this installed and working for over 12 months now.

Thank you for the link and further info, much appreciated.

Looks like I'll have to update my knowledge of electronics.:eek:

Thank you for the link and further info, much appreciated.

Looks like I'll have to update my knowledge of electronics.:eek:
The mod with relay modules (delay on energise) is straightforward and works. In truth, the extra modules are only required to make the switch work properly as the lock/unlock works fine. Without the modules the mirrors don’t open/fold correctly and with too much trying the internal fuse on the Chinese device fails! In my experience the switch is seldom used so not much wear and tear on the relay modules.

I’m happy to help with any further advice.
Ian

Ian, I really appreciate your time and advice, I'll do some research (a steep learning curve) and I'll come back to you when I'm ready to take it on. It will be hugely rewarding, albeit with some frustration, if I can get your mod to work.

Thanks again!

Graham

Back