fog lights

mopardave

150 Kombi Manual
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Used my fogs for the first time tonight. I noticed there was no advisory light in the instrument cluster showing that the front fogs were on.......the light came on to tell me the rear fogs were on. Both sets of fogs were on so the issue isn't with the lights themselves. I take it there IS a lamp in the instrument cluster to tell you the front fogs are on????? I'm sensing a trip to the dealer!

right, just so we're clear keeff.......you have a light telling you the rear fogs are on.....but you don't have one telling you the fronts are on? very odd as the manual suggests there IS an advisory lamp for the fronts?

Most vehicle only show that rears are on,you can see fronts are on usually
It's a first for me! Wife's mini has advisory's for both and my beemer did too...........so why does the hand book suggest otherwise then?

right, just so we're clear keeff.......you have a light telling you the rear fogs are on.....but you don't have one telling you the fronts are on? very odd as the manual suggests there IS an advisory lamp for the fronts?
Fog light indication is on the light switch ref p95 of handbook

Mines the same, absolute pants for a £30k vehicle, would like a light on the dash for dipped beam too, have to look at the hazards switch to see if it is illuminated to know the lights are on.

Fog light indication is on the light switch ref p95 of handbook
I know......I've read it and that's why I'm confused!
Anyway, thanks DB, RMc and Keeff........you've confirmed it for me.

Mines the same, absolute pants for a £30k vehicle, would like a light on the dash for dipped beam too, have to look at the hazards switch to see if it is illuminated to know the lights are on.

quite right DB! It's not the only corner they've cut is it? Good job the rest of the van is such a pleasure though!!!

I had a look today on the instrument panel and there is no light on there to indicate front fogs. I then started to think back and can't remember any of the VAG cars/vans we've owned having such a thing. Infact a Audi A6 I got back in 02 had no front fog indicators, and I do remember finding it annoying to have to look down at the light switches to see if they were on, and that was a 35k car 14 yrs ago.

Mrs MD swears her 2009 polo had advisory lights for front and back.........and I'm pretty sure she's right. My 2001 3 series touring deffo did.....her 16 plate mini cooper deffo does. Anyway, my main concern was that there was a problem......especially given that the owners manual implies there are. Like I said, no sweat if that's the way it's meant to be. Just seems a little penny pinching?

I am sure the front fogs have a light on the switch to show they are on, as it is raining here and dark do no feel like checking tonight
best wishes Andy

The switch Lights Green when the fronts are on in operation on mine, only the rear fogs shows on the dash.

Yep, defo green light on switch to show front fogs are on, and amber one on dash to show the rears are on.

The switch does have a green light but it's not really that obvious.
My 2012 Skoda Superb definitely had front and rear indication on the dash.

When you turn the fogs off, should the switch just push back in? On mine i have to turn the switch back to auto, or off before it will let me push the middle bit in to turn them off.

Used mine over the weekend and it goes back in as you turn it, being a new switch I found it quite stiff to pull out in the first place.
I prefer the version on the Touareg that had 2 separate buttons for front and rear fogs.

Thanks. Sounds like mines ok then. I expected to be able just push it back in when the fogs are not needed.

Back