Strange one .

Power ut

RSQ3 engined
VIP Member
T6 Guru
2006 t5 fitted t6.1 lights
Rewired all went well . .
All front and rear lights work fine

. .when I switch the light switch to off . I've a slight glow on the fog light on the osr light ?
Only time it goes off fully is when the centre instrument cluster centre display powers off .when igtion key is removed .?
Rechecked re light wireing .
Assorted fuses in cab and under bonnet
And assorted earth's around the vechical
I can also hear bcm powers down but fog light stays slightly illumated until centre display goes off . Any ideas

20240216_172014.jpg

I think the T5 BCM was only available with Bi xenon's and normal filament lamps.

So probably not configured for ultra low power LEDS.

I'd imagine there is a slight voltage or current leak from the BCM that's causing the led to light dimly.

(If you unpin that foglight wire does another light light up?)

(Any idea what voltage and current and flowing when the lights on dim?)

What about all the bulb monitoring? Has that been coded out?

Upgrade to a T6 BCM?

We might need so power readings to see if there is a work around electronicly speaking.

Upgrade to a T6 BCM?

We might need so power readings to see if there is a work around electronicly speaking.
Mine runs old t5.0 bcm .if I unplug t5.1 2014 cluster light goes off . ( strange )
I think I have a a std bcm ill change it see it helps

Well fitted another cluster no eprom fault but chuffing fog light still illumating with centre back light .grr

Cluster?

Lights are powered from the BCM?

I think the T5 BCM was only available with Bi xenon's and normal filament lamps.

So probably not configured for ultra low power LEDS.

I'd imagine there is a slight voltage or current leak from the BCM that's causing the led to light dimly.

(If you unpin that foglight wire does another light light up?)

(Any idea what voltage and current and flowing when the lights on dim?)

What about all the bulb monitoring? Has that been coded out?
Sorted on t5.1 cluster I couldn’t see a wire for rear fog lights As I upgraded from early t5.0 cluster when doing conversion

I’d got 2 wires in wrong pins now no short on rear fog lights There’s still the emprom fault. But everything works that needs to. Apart from charge light ( not compatible. To cluster I reckon ) and an oil light ( I assume it’s bcm controlled not just earthed via switch ) has it dosent evern illuminate in testing cluster fuctions.

Found out lowlife t5.1 cluster has oil light
Highline cluster doaent have oil light has oil warning in centre dash

Back