Auto lights front fogs on ????

I’ve never noticed this before but then I’m usually looking backwards when reversing. Seems funny that vw put more lighting on the front of the vehicle than the back when reverse is selected!

Hopefully you're looking all around you when reversing.

As I posted earlier, the purpose of this function is to give some wide angle light at the front so that you can see what the front end is going to swing into. That said, better reversing lights would be helpful too.

Hopefully you're looking all around you when reversing.

As I posted earlier, the purpose of this function is to give some wide angle light at the front so that you can see what the front end is going to swing into. That said, better reversing lights would be helpful too.
But firstly the lights would be on anyway at the front if they are needed and tbh I have a reversing camera so I don’t even look back these days! But I definitely don’t need better visibility at the front than at the back when going backwards.

At this point I should maybe share that I may have a small scuff on my rear bumper from reversing into a wall :whistle: (front is fine though :thumbsup:)

Hi
We have just had our high line 2018 camperking for 3 weeks and been on a couple of local trips
I noticed as I watched my wife drive the van for first time that front fogs were on as she reversed off the drive ? The weather was very cloudy and setting was on auto
Does the fogs switch off after a time ? Or do these fogs stay on along with DRL ? Couldn’t see any reference in the manual ?
The ‘cornering’ lights mean that the fogs will come on when reversing and the left hand one when turning left (or indicating left) at slow speed and the same for the right one when turning right etc.

Back