Floor tie-down fixing point locations

Forestgrump

Hi,

Brand newbie here. I have scanned the forum but not managed to find an answer to my question but forgive me if it has already been asked. I got a 70 plate T32 LWB 4motion Panel to Kombi conversation delivered yesterday. I plan to get it fitted out in the future for Mrs FG and I to travel around with bed etc…but for now I need to get 3 XL E Mountain Bikes in for a trip in early September. Initially I was thinking of getting a blokpod or loaded bike retro fit rear bar that just screws into the d ring slots like this Retrofit Threshold Rail - VW Transporter Kombi - Loaded Bikes . However when the van was converted they have placed the ply and bonded flooring over where I expected the d rings to be….. Any ideas if a) the d rings would be there and b) how I could get access to them to fit it? I have looked under the van to see if anything looked like the mountings were still there but it soon transpired that I had absolutely no idea what I was looking for…I don’t particularly want to play about with the floor too much as I have a habit of breaking things…

Thx
FG

DCB8D095-E062-45A1-B02A-7FB5983EFD90.jpeg

793831D8-DD1C-47F4-B7AD-5A450FD0C12A.jpeg

9AF12652-60DB-4AB3-8074-E03F74AD95F9.jpeg

Does this help?

I drilled a couple of pilot holes to locate the thread beneath then opened up to suit. The threads on my van had been filled with mastic, had to dig it out, came out but a bit more than pulling a cork from a bottle!

Last edited:
Thanks Peter - that is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate the help. Pilot hole makes sense so will get my tools out and get to work a bit later this week!

The threaded holes for the lashing points definitely go right through to the underside of the van at the rear and the ones behind the kombi seats in the middle (not sure about the ones right at the front) so you could locate them from underneath too

Hi All
I am trying to locate the floor fixing points on my vw t6 lwb
I’ve already installed a floor but now need to locate the fixing points in order to attach bench/bed
Can anyone help
Hugh

Back