Thinking of a change of interior

The_Lad

T6 Guru
Ok I have a LWB panel van with ply floor in the back and an Exploria kombi bed, I’ve put a fridge just inside the sliding door and the bed pulls out over the top.

This has been great and I can get 2 mountain bikes in without removing the wheels as the rear wheel fits under the bed.

However I’m now starting to move my enduro motorbike around more and would like to be able to get it in the van so a change of interior is needed I think.

My idea is to fit a new floor with 4 slide rails then either buy some brackets (are such brackets available?) that instead of bolting the kombi bed to the lashing points I could clip into the rails and slide it forwards to get the bike in the back

Or change the bed to something else that will slide on the rails to give me space for the bike or is lighter to lift out and just clips back in.

Has anyone else got this type of setup? Any pics?

Edit:/ also how much would it cost to have my floor pulled out and a new one with rails fitted?

Cheers
Justin

Last edited:
CA6D32EF-808D-449A-8607-685E31223073.jpegD2AE289A-C457-4A7F-A706-02049DEFC832.jpegI used these to make up a rail with a fork mount on in the hope they would slide, but they don’t really. They might be what you are looking for though.

View attachment 138133View attachment 138132I used these to make up a rail with a fork mount on in the hope they would slide, but they don’t really. They might be what you are looking for though.

Yep those look like they would do it but they would have to slide along the rails rather than just clip in

They don't slide well in my application - but you may have better luck. The blocks are plastic so should slide OK. I think it's more to do with the metal pushing through the rubber strips and also getting caught on the actual rail hidden but the aluminium covers.

I have the T bolts, no problems to use.
If you put a shallow hacksaw cut on the top if the vertical bar showing the line of the horizontal bar they can simply be rotated 90 degrees to slide down the rail.
Or simply lift out of the rail and re-insert where you want them.

Back