Fitting Eberspacher D2 - My Experience

Yeah. I just took the pip off. I tried sucking the line at the pump end. I got a drip through. So just need to take a little more off I think

Ifits easy great. Don't go stripping off all the under body plastcis for 1 pic. Maybe you can explain how you did it?
@Gsixty see photo. 6mm rivet into chassis and bolted into that. It is at a point approx level with the exhaust of the vehicle on the drivers side.

IMG_4131.jpeg

@Gsixty see photo. 6mm rivet into chassis and bolted into that. It is at a point approx level with the exhaust of the vehicle on the drivers side.

View attachment 211175

Thanks thats clear. Did you use a hole that was already there to put the rivnut in or drill? I am thinking that as long as the pump is on a slight angle then it doesnt matter if the fuel line goes downhill a little bit. Thanks again

Yes I used an existing hole. It was a hex shaped hole. Slight file and had to tap rivnut in before applying the gun to it.

I assume the same that as long as pump is on an angle the lines in and out going up or down don’t matter.

I have a video I did of mine if you want to see it as well.

Read the manuals, they detail what they will pull and push. No advantage having the pump near the heater. eg:

lngth.JPG

Not such a problem with down slope on intake side. The action of the pump can cause dissolved air to expand on exit from the pump so the chance is there for air bubble build up in the delivery side if there are downward loops that can catch the bubbles.

Read the manuals, they detail what they will pull and push. No advantage having the pump near the heater. eg:

View attachment 211288

Not such a problem with down slope on intake side. The action of the pump can cause dissolved air to expand on exit from the pump so the chance is there for air bubble build up in the delivery side if there are downward loops that can catch the bubbles.
Thanks, if I'm understanding that, fuel tank to pump max = 5m. Pump to heater max = 6m. So as long as its not a silly route all round the van the pump can go at the most convenient place.

Yes, I have always been puzzled as to why people place the pump as close to the heater as they can get it and then cannot get an upward rise to the line.

Hi,

I have started to fit the heater and come across a couple of issues.

There is a big grommet under the drivers seat that I think is where the wires from the loom come into the van.
However it is actually quite hard and not stretchy rubber. I am wondering how, if I make a hole big enough to get the plastic plug (shown in photo) I cant see it then being sealed to the elements. How do people do this, its one point I cant find covered here or on youtube.

Secondly I read the the blue fuel tube should be pushed in far enough that it touches the metal part of the fuel pump/ heater body. It feel so difficulf to push in and I can be sure there isn't a gap.

Sorry if I'm missing something easy.

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 14.26.01.png

You have to replace that plastic plug with a rubber grommet - I have posted on the size that fits. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133601823161
To insert the fuel line into the rubbers: knead the rubber with pliers to soften a little and use a drop of diesel or a light oil to lubricate.

Anyone got any idea what the whits stuff is called round the exhaust. I tried a search for exhaust insulation warp but cant find it.Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 16.07.46.png

Hopefully last question, as most of the install done.
Thinking about the connection to the fuel sender unit. So far I havent dropped the tank, so dont know if mine has the nipple bit to cut off and use (hopefully it will and also has the pick up tube connected.) If it does, all good.

If not I was wondering about using the fuel return line (although I have read on here about a non return valve) but all the videos (including Eberspacher Uk0 seen and the retailers/fitters of the units seem to use this method. If it works problem free all good, if not I would have to drill and fit pick up tube.

So in the photo below which tube would I T into, the black or the blue?
Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 12.41.18.png

Back