Fiamma F45S - size for a LWB?

No i'm sure it was last year about the rattling legs, and i think someone fixed it with pipe insulation, just cant remember the full facts. I have the rubber infill strip and it works brilliantly

There was a discussion a while ago because the awning rail stands away from the side of the vehicle so when it rains water runs down the door and if you open the slider you get wet. Fiamma make a very expensive strip to close this gap and I posted that central heating insulation pipe wrap fills the gap perfectly and costs pennies. This was to fix the water issue so not sure if your thinking of this
I remember that one but there was also a conversation around legs rattling and someone was using foam or similar in the case to resolve.

I've never notices wind noise whilst driving with mine on.. i have heard of members having the rattle.. as @Gavandi mentions but easy remedy for that.

You did wind it away after use and prior to driving off didn’t you @Gavandi ;).

I think they are really smart, but just don’t think i’d like having one on the van all the time. Yes I know they are removable but no way can I be bothered to go through all that faff each time I’d want to be using it (which is most weekends).

It's only 2 bolts for mine pal..;)
Off and on within 5 mins. Oh and then mounted to wall at home (as show previously) for BBQ home sun shade

I have my caravanstore up in strongish wind even when it flaps not had any problems, I have chequer plate feet with 4 peg holes on each leg so that 10 fixings in all inc 2 storm strap fixings, then if I use the privacy room, that’s about 20-30 more fixings, it would take a pretty strong storm to rip it out, oh and not forgetting the uprights which are pegged aswell do add another 4 or 5,

Which rain guard strip for fiamma 45s

found it :D:D 16 hrs later

Last edited:
wow.... what a quick fire thread!!
Put some pipe foam insulation around tucked in legs and...hey presto.....No noise!

However, one of the legs was also not clipped in properly.......ooops - chief suspect is TOH!!
That was her leg to put away!! Tut tut! ( Not that I will tell her that I blame her - too much grief!)

Back