Fiamma f40...

This is on our list for next year, are you able to have it on there with a roof rack on too?

But saying that I'm sure you could bush fix some kind of set up, it can't be that hard

View attachment 14829 View attachment 14830 View attachment 14831 View attachment 14832 For anyone who's interested this is how the f40 looks, I'm very happy, the only issue I can see is there's a bit of flex on the middle as there's no bracket there, maybe some double sided Velcro or somthing might help that....
Looks good. We don't have any problems with the case flexing on ours (F45s) but do sometimes have a bit of fabric sag - this is sorted as soon as we tension the tie down down kit (essential in anything but light winds). The Fiamma tie down kit goes into one (or both) of the C channels in the leading edge of the case - this means they can be positioned opposite the attachment brackets but I'm not sure whether the same kit will work with the C channel on the F40, i.e. looks like the channel is on the underside of the casing and I think the tie down brackets would drop out - there will be something available though, even if just attached to the to top of the legs. If you can position the tie downs roughly opposite your case brackets it might help with the case flexing??

The flex is when it's in the closed position prob because it only has 1 bolt on each bracket holding it to the roof, il see what I can knock up I'm sure there's a way of stiffening it up

IMG_1992.JPG Warning to all!!! Just took my van up the road to the shop and heard the awning rattling, and it's scratched the paint on the roof, thank god it's not visible from floor level, at this point I've had a shit week! 1st I ripped my splitter off and now this!!!

View attachment 15009 Warning to all!!! Just took my van up the road to the shop and heard the awning rattling, and it's scratched the paint on the roof, thank god it's not visible from floor level, at this point I've had a not good week! 1st I ripped my splitter off and now this!!!
Crikey - when you said it was flexing I didn't realise you meant it was flexing that much - there is no flex at all in my F45 -- has to be down to the brackets and how they are fixed?

I've just swapped the brackets around and it seems better, but still the middle of the awning is resting on the roof and only separated by a thin foam pad!!! Not impressed really

I've just swapped the brackets around and it seems better, but still the middle of the awning is resting on the roof and only separated by a thin foam pad!!! Not impressed really
For something that was supposedly designed specially for T5/T6 it does seem pretty poor. The case is a similar shape and size to the F45s but rotated through 90 degrees so I’m struggling to see how it can have so much more flex in it. It must be down to the design and placement of the brackets? Would it be worth going back to the suppliers to see if they have any other customers with similar problems?

I've spoke to him and sent a video of the flex, he's forwarded it to fiamma, but I can bet they'll say "was it fitted by a qualified fitted" and il have to swollow it!

I looked at these for along time when they first came out last year, but at the time they only supplied fixings for mounting on the RHS.
Glad to see that there are now fixings for the LHS, but it looks like they need to refine them a bit :(

Hi there

Did the issue regarding the flexing of the F40 get sorted? Do you think additional brackets fixed to the other roof rack mounting points would hold it steady??

I just exchanged it for a f45 for my transit, I wouldn’t touch 1 if I was you unless they’ve fixed the issue

View attachment 14829 View attachment 14830 View attachment 14831 View attachment 14832 For anyone who's interested this is how the f40 looks, I'm very happy, the only issue I can see is there's a bit of flex on the middle as there's no bracket there, maybe some double sided Velcro or somthing might help that....
Hi @Olly T6 Did you have the rain guard fitted too? Just wondering if this would have helped lift the middle and stop the scratching you experienced. Looking at the F40 as I have a T6 Kombi and Johns Cross have said that the bracket I need for fitting the F45s only comes in silver - I’d ordered a black F45s so dont want to fit a black awning with a silver bracket - on my blue van.

In terms of profile I think I’d prefer the F40, now I’ve seen it, provided they’ve fixed the sagging, or the rain guard will help.

I have had the same flexing issue, after only covering approx 1000 miles which has been mainly on the motorway.
I removed the awning before the damage to the paint was beyond repair, after a lot of mainly e-mail communication with the supplier, Fiamma have now offered a full refund.
My local VW dealer also helped by sending a letter stating that my paint/corrosion warranty would be void as the awning was 'not fit for purpose' and rubbing and flexing on my roof.
A long old process and some of the comments from the supplier where laughable.

MORALE OF THE STORY DON'T BUY AN F40. They are rubbish and 'Not Fit For Purpose'

I have had the same flexing issue, after only covering approx 1000 miles which has been mainly on the motorway.
I removed the awning before the damage to the paint was beyond repair, after a lot of mainly e-mail communication with the supplier, Fiamma have now offered a full refund.
My local VW dealer also helped by sending a letter stating that my paint/corrosion warranty would be void as the awning was 'not fit for purpose' and rubbing and flexing on my roof.
A long old process and some of the comments from the supplier where laughable.

MORALE OF THE STORY DON'T BUY AN F40. They are rubbish and 'Not Fit For Purpose'
Hi Crispy68... This is scary stuff as I’ve had an F40 on for about a month, I’ll need to remove it and check for flex damage!

Couple of questions - how did you become aware of the flexing? Was it through knocking or only once inspected?

Finally, and it shouldn’t be required, but did you have the rain guard fitted? Just wondering if this would help support the centre more. As I say, the product shouldn’t have to rely on it though!!

Thanks,

Ian

Back