Which rain guard strip for fiamma 45s

Oldrat

Senior Crafter
T6 Legend
its a bit too much for my pea brain..
If you have a T6 pop top and this awning, which rain guard strip did you use.

This one

Or

This one

Or

Summit else..

Thanks

Mine fits into the "Summit else" category. It actually looks like a piece of foam rubber has been used - looks quite neat and I hadn't even thought about what it was until I recently realised it wasn't standard!! It has a square cross section - the closest I can find is this:- Silicone Sponge Strips but I am sure there will be others out there with a better colour match.

Well I bit the bullet and bought this one.

LINKY

Grasshopper were the cheapest suppliers that I could find given the amount of time I was prepared to spend surfing.
The sale was a good experience with excellent communication throughout and I'd really recommend them.

I fitted it this evening and found it pretty straightforward if not a tad fiddly. It would be much easier if the rainguard was fitted to the awning case before it was attached to the wagon
beforehand, but I didn't have that luxury.

The guard is a thick shaped rubber strip, with an aluminium reinforcing strip and 3M tape alongnone edge.

It attaches with the sticky strips along the length of the awning casing but stops and starts againfor each of the two mounting brackets. This leaves gaps for the water to dribble through, I may silicone these later, I'll just see how it goes for now.

Only use and time will tell if it works and stays on.

If you are thinking of such a device and need a Q answering, just ask.

Let us know how you get on with these, I'd be interested for a brief review as I'm looking at getting a fiamma and this will also be on the shopping list.

After playing with lots of strips of domestic draught proofing strip, I have finally found a solution to the rattles from the awning casing ...when driving of course:p

The odd bits of draught excluder seemed to reduce the rattles but the solution was slightly different. I had some (quite sturdy) closed cell foam knocking around the garage. Same as this but without the holes.

RenderedContent-1C8FDE8A-87E2-4BF6-997D-167A6E496FFD.JPG

With the awning rolled out a tad, I glued two pieces, about 3"x2" (3/8ths thick) to the inside of the casing, on the lower edge that faces upwards.
In the picture you can just see the red tape which marks where one piece is (on the other side inside the casing of course).
I placed it about 2/3rds of the way along the length of the leg towards the centre.
RenderedContent-ECB4C1D6-EC8F-42E7-B7C4-1A958380500B.JPG

The effect of the foam pads is that the leg end point upwards a tad when being stowed in the casing.

To click the legs into the plastic clips requires you to press the end of the leg down compressing the foam, before clicking it in place.

Whilst the feet of the legs are held by the case clips, the outer edges wher the joint is are free to rattle.

The resistance from the foam is just enough to keep the joints legs from rattling around in the casing.

I hope that makes sense, it did to me whilst I was putting my 3rd G&T together :D

Back