Fiamma Wind Out Canopy + PopTop

Ann

We want to buy and have fitted a Fiamma Wind Out canopy to our T6.1 LWB van. We have had a pop top fitted. What, apart from the canopy, do we need to be able to have it fitted? TIA

You'll need the right brackets to attach it to your original fixings in the rain gutter. I think the basic Fiamma 'kit' is for a California, not a panel/multivan. Beware that if you have an awning rail already fitted you'll have to have it removed or use different brackets. Most sites selling the awnings also list the brackets, but separately. Then again, if you have it fitted for you then the installer should know what you need. A slight mod will be required because of the pop top rear hinge (at least it is on the SWB so likely the LWB will be the same). Not a major issue though.

There are a variety of different Fiamma brackets that can be used with a pop top. I would suggest speaking to a fitter to ensure you get the right combination that suits your van setup.

As an example my setup utilises the awning rail as the fixing points for the Fiamma. The down side is that the awning rail can't now be used for anything else. No big deal for me, as the Fiamma has two slots along the length which allow you to slide in an appropriate awning rail strip or figure of eight.

Reactions: Ann
You'll need the right brackets to attach it to your original fixings in the rain gutter. I think the basic Fiamma 'kit' is for a California, not a panel/multivan. Beware that if you have an awning rail already fitted you'll have to have it removed or use different brackets. Most sites selling the awnings also list the brackets, but separately. Then again, if you have it fitted for you then the installer should know what you need. A slight mod will be required because of the pop top rear hinge (at least it is on the SWB so likely the LWB will be the same). Not a major issue though.
We haven’t got an awning rail. This is the pop top that we have, it’s a Lowlife Stealth poptop

IMG_1916.png

Hi Ann.
I'm not sure on your exact location but we are based in Glossop and supply and fit many Fiamma awnings.
Fitting takes about 2 to 3 hours. The rear bracket needs to be modified as the scissor hinge for the roof gets in the way of the bracket.
We have a full price list on our website
www.ajcconversions.co.uk
Please of a couple of LWB with fiamma F45 3.0m

Screenshot_20230926_073424_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230926_073511_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20230926_073528_Facebook.jpg

If you go for a Fiamma F45 awning I would also recommend getting the rain strip which fills the gap between the awning and van - the size of gap varies depending on the bracket used.

I would also go for a Fiamma rafter. This provides more rigidity in windy conditions and lifts the center of the roof up so rain runs off more easilly.

Both are optional but I have found them really useful

Reactions: Ann
Hi Ann.
I'm not sure on your exact location but we are based in Glossop and supply and fit many Fiamma awnings.
Fitting takes about 2 to 3 hours. The rear bracket needs to be modified as the scissor hinge for the roof gets in the way of the bracket.
We have a full price list on our website
www.ajcconversions.co.uk
Please of a couple of LWB with fiamma F45 3.0m

View attachment 215206

View attachment 215207

View attachment 215208
Thank you. We’re in North Wales, so a bit far for us. At least I know now it can be done.

If you go for a Fiamma F45 awning I would also recommend getting the rain strip which fills the gap between the awning and van - the size of gap varies depending on the bracket used.

I would also go for a Fiamma rafter. This provides more rigidity in windy conditions and lifts the center of the roof up so rain runs off more easilly.

The rain strip is something we would want. We have fabric blind and carpet lining on the sliding door, and have to keep it shut even if it’s just light rain, as it runs down the inside of the door. The Fiamma Rafter is something to consider too. Thank you.

Thank you. We’re in North Wales, so a bit far for us. At least I know now it can be done.
I can recommend AJC for Fiamma fitting as they did mine. Should you head up this way.....

Thank you for helping me spend money on something I didnt know I needed :think smile bounce:

Back