Fiamma F45s, Poptop And Rubber Seal.

drew_greenday

T6 Guru
So I’m out in the lakes at the moment and it’s pissing down, I’ve decided I need an awning, at least so I can kick the dog out and he doesn’t look so annoyed at me sittin in the rain.

I’ve narrowed it down to a Fiamma F45s, one bacause I don’t need a drive away awning, and two I can’t be doing with wet stuff in my van after. So having read the various stuff online I think the best and easiest way to put on is on a Reimo/multi rail but I don’t want to fork out an extra £200 for nothing else. I will check tomorrow if I have access to roof rail holes in my roof and if I do I can just get the brackets?

Finally, I don’t want a gap between the van and the awning and would like to fit a seal, i’m also guessing I need a Reimo roof rail for this?

Andy

Yes I have the fiamma f45s and the rain guard. Cant fault either.

So looking at my van this morning and the rear roof rail hole is covered by the hinge for the pop top, there is one further forward,
BC96DC85-C76E-4688-AA61-DA53B649EB65.jpeg

I’m sure I’ve seen a post somewhere with a Fiamma fitted to that hole. I understand it won’t be as strong because it’ll be a shorter distance between the two mounts.

If I’m pissing in the wind and a reimo rail is the way to go then I’ll just shell out on that also, I guess the double kador strip will work wonders with the rain protection??

That gap between the van body and the awning cassette is a real pain and I know fiamma have some very expensive solutions but we found that the cheapest option, which is invisible and actually works is to use a length of foam pipe wrap (the stuff you buy to insulate central heating pipes which is a tube with a slit along its length).
Just feed it into the gap so that the slit is around the cassette.
Works a treat, is secure, invisible and can be just pulled out and replaced as necessary.
You don’t need to do the whole length of the cassette awning just do where it matters.

So looking at my van this morning and the rear roof rail hole is covered by the hinge for the pop top, there is one further forward,
View attachment 44687

I’m sure I’ve seen a post somewhere with a Fiamma fitted to that hole. I understand it won’t be as strong because it’ll be a shorter distance between the two mounts.

If I’m pissing in the wind and a reimo rail is the way to go then I’ll just shell out on that also, I guess the double kador strip will work wonders with the rain protection??

Here's my SCA Poptop with Reimo rail, you need the extra Fiamma brackets and Rivet nut and Sika the brackets to the van

upload_2019-6-5_13-13-17.png

upload_2019-6-5_13-16-45.png

upload_2019-6-5_13-17-45.png

Thanks,

So after you have riveted the bracket to the van, can you use the Reimo rail for something else? Can you remove the part of the bracket that fits into the c channel?

The full length of the Reimo rail can be used for something else if the Fiamma 45s is removed but you do have a "C" rail on the front of the 45s as well which I attach my Vango Galli to via a Kador strip with the added bonus of being able to adjust the tension on the Vango with the Fiamma awning. I use the Reimo rail for a flexible LED light which pushes into the available parts of the "c" channel. You can remove the part of the bracket that fits in the C channel but obviously the 45s is attached to it as well. Hope this helps.

https://www.fiamma.it/image/data/installation_adapter/98690-831_revD.pdf

I was hoping the Reimo Multi rail would stop the need for having to drill a bracket onto the roof of the van.

I've spoken to the guy who fitted my roof and he has said he would use the gutter brackets and drill a new hole near the hinge, rivnut it. That way you still have a spread of weight on the Fiamma.

Where is best to buy a Fiamma from, people mention john cross?

Hi folks. Just picked up our new T6.1 camper at the weekend. Looking to get something to fill the gap between the van and the Fiamma F45S awning cartridge to prevent rain getting through. I've read about the Fiamma Rainguard rubber accessory and as an alternative was advised to use "expandable foam" instead. I'm not sure the latter sounds like something I'd want to use but before I buy the Fiamma Rainguard I'd like to be sure that it is compatible with my T6.1 SWB (has a Reimo Easyfit pop top roof).

Pics from front and back below. The gap is about 2cm. Any advice appreciated.

48-AE4284-3-FBA-4-A1-A-A80-D-A28-D7-DD8-CC30.jpg

A3154292-0-A87-4-F83-9-CB7-73-ECD613-FC74.jpg

Hi folks. Just picked up our new T6.1 camper at the weekend. Looking to get something to fill the gap between the van and the Fiamma F45S awning cartridge to prevent rain getting through. I've read about the Fiamma Rainguard rubber accessory and as an alternative was advised to use "expandable foam" instead. I'm not sure the latter sounds like something I'd want to use but before I buy the Fiamma Rainguard I'd like to be sure that it is compatible with my T6.1 SWB (has a Reimo Easyfit pop top roof).

Pics from front and back below. The gap is about 2cm. Any advice appreciated.

View attachment 148279

View attachment 148280
It will fit. I'm not sure what was meant by "expandable foam" and I hope they didn't mean the "expanding foam" stuff in a can!! I know that some people use pipe lagging, but that is cheap and nasty looking imo.

Go with the Fiamma strip - it's a bit pricey but is is a "fit and forget" item. If it is a tight fit getting it into the slot on the awning, use some plumbers' silicone gel, some soapy water or even some "KY"! (Don't use Vaseline - it is petroleum based and will attack the rubber!) You will have to cut it to size between the brackets, so a fresh stanley knife blade will be useful too.

It will fit. I'm not sure what was meant by "expandable foam" and I hope they didn't mean the "expanding foam" stuff in a can!! I know that some people use pipe lagging, but that is cheap and nasty looking imo.

Go with the Fiamma strip - it's a bit pricey but is is a "fit and forget" item. If it is a tight fit getting it into the slot on the awning, use some plumbers' silicone gel, some soapy water or even some "KY"! (Don't use Vaseline - it is petroleum based and will attack the rubber!) You will have to cut it to size between the brackets, so a fresh stanley knife blade will be useful too.

Thanks for the advice. No way would I spray that can foam gunk anywhere near my van :)

When you say "fit and forget" that answers another question I had - whether the Fiamma Rainguard stays put permanently or is removed and reinstalled each time it's used.

Install once and forget about it. IIRC it has a "T" strip on the awning side that you push into the "T" channel on the awning. The other side is simply flat that presses up against the side of the van, following the contour. If you'd like, I can pop out and take a pic of mine for you.

Install once and forget about it. IIRC it has a "T" strip on the awning side that you push into the "T" channel on the awning. The other side is simply flat that presses up against the side of the van, following the contour. If you'd like, I can pop out and take a pic of mine for you.

That would be really useful, thanks, if and when you get a spare minute. There seem to be 7 different options for the Fiamma rubber rain guard and I am therefore a little perplexed about which one to use. Based on the Fiamma installation on our van I am thinking the lower guard. Then one described thus:

Lower Rain Guard 8cm F45S - For awnings F45S with suspended installation
spaced from the wall. Installation in the special guide of the case.
Only for F45S awnings

Fiamma Rain Guard Rubber Seal

Our converter also suggested using simple foam piping as a cheaper option to fill the gap, but I'd happily spend more for something a little more secure and dry.

Finally got round to trying to fit our Fiamma rain guard - quite the faff! Cut the rubber to size and then got up on a step ladder to try and fit it. Struggled, we gave up in the end and will fight with it another day. Hopefully it doesn’t rain too much in the south
-west of France next week or the gap will annoy us :)

Did you fit yours with the awning installed, or did you remove the cassette from the brackets to fit it?

Trying to slot it into the strip of the awning cassette where the two strips of adhesive 3M are on the rain guard was impossible. Also looked to me like the rubber would end up on the pop top roof which would make it unworkable anyway as it would move whenever the pop top was moved. So I then tried slotting it into the channel at the top of the awning cassette, that seemed a more feasible option and looks much more similar to your photo. Might try again today. But I’ll definitely try it again before autumn wet weekend trips to the Brecons!

Finally got round to trying to fit our Fiamma rain guard - quite the faff! Cut the rubber to size and then got up on a step ladder to try and fit it. Struggled, we gave up in the end and will fight with it another day. Hopefully it doesn’t rain too much in the south
-west of France next week or the gap will annoy us :)

Did you fit yours with the awning installed, or did you remove the cassette from the brackets to fit it?

Trying to slot it into the strip of the awning cassette where the two strips of adhesive 3M are on the rain guard was impossible. Also looked to me like the rubber would end up on the pop top roof which would make it unworkable anyway as it would move whenever the pop top was moved. So I then tried slotting it into the channel at the top of the awning cassette, that seemed a more feasible option and looks much more similar to your photo. Might try again today. But I’ll definitely try it again before autumn wet weekend trips to the Brecons!
Try a little silicone lube (like the stuff for pipe fitting)

Back