Fiamma F45s End Caps

fax001

T6 Pro
The aluminium end caps (98673H002 & 98673H001 on the diagram below) on my Fiamma F45s are starting to look really tatty, with the paint flaking off and the ali starting to oxidise.
I am happy to paint them rather than replace them. It is only a visual thing, after all. Awning continues to give good service.
What is unclear, is whether I need to paint them in situ or whether I can simply unscrew them.
It is going to be easier to get a reasonable finish with a rattle can, rather than having to mask off and brush paint.
.What I don't want to do, is take the caps off and find that the mechanism falls out, creating a whole world of angst that could have been avoided
Certainly not clear from the parts diagram.F45S_db_260-300.jpg

@fax001 can't advise on what may or may not fall out but i was going to do mine had a go at getting end cap screws out but they really felt like they was going to snap so gave up just in case
if you do have a go and get them off can you measure the gap between the rolled up awning and the top of the casing as i want to fix an awning rail on the top of it

@fax001 can't advise on what may or may not fall out but i was going to do mine had a go at getting end cap screws out but they really felt like they was going to snap so gave up just in case
if you do have a go and get them off can you measure the gap between the rolled up awning and the top of the casing as i want to fix an awning rail on the top of it
Will see what I can do.
Haven't even attempted to loosen the screws yet.

Following this one as I want to do mine, looking in a proper sorry state. I definitely want to take them off though not do in situ.

The cap is important.
The cassette itself is in two long pieces held together by the cap.
In the centre of the cap is the spindle for the awning roll itself.
I’ve recently removed and replaced my cap as it was flaking and oxidised. Two of the three screws sheared off.
My new one is held on by one screw however the cassette does lock into the cap so I have little to no concerns of it failing.
I removed my cassette to carry out the work.
IMG_3970.jpeg

The cap is important.
The cassette itself is in two long pieces held together by the cap.
In the centre of the cap is the spindle for the awning roll itself.
I’ve recently removed and replaced my cap as it was flaking and oxidised. Two of the three screws sheared off.
My new one is held on by one screw however the cassette does lock into the cap so I have little to no concerns of it failing.
I removed my cassette to carry out the work.
View attachment 212932
Thanks for this useful information.
Sounds as if getting the screws out is a common issue.
In place painting may be the way forward.

Thanks @Ed Webb for confirming the chances the bolts will snap mine was 4 years old when I attempted the removal so in-situ job it is now

Back