Ferry Crossing Alarm

St4n99

VIP Member
T6 Guru
May have been posted already so please point me in right direction .on a ferry crossing how do you guys and gals stop your alarm going off . I left mine unlocked but it seams to lock it's self when stationery for a while with no keys in ignition so my alarm is constantly go off . I have a shuttle base camper so has a cat 1 alarm . Is it just going to keep happening lol . I tried the double lock on the button but that seams to just disable the internal alarm censor .hink its called dead lock .thanks for your time

Press the button on the drivers pillar while the door is open and this will disable interior motion sensors ?

Press the button on the drivers pillar while the door is open and this will disable interior motion sensors ?
Was going to go down and try that there but not aloud down to van while ferry is moving lol. A thought it was the external censors that was setting alarm off because it thinks it's being moved with the motion . Al definitely give that a go next time :thumbsup:

Unlock then press the Lock button twice (click click). This disables the other sensors.

Never had an issue on ferries using the double click method.

Last edited:
The double click disables the deadlocks. (Door can be opened if windows smashed)

So..... if it's a VW factory alarm, try opening the door briefly..... if the van WAS locked and you unlock it, then the alarm will reset assuming you have just sat on they key in your pocket.

If you open/close the door this interrupts the rearm cycle stopping it. (Stops the rearm in case you left the keys in the van)

If it's a third party alarm such as a Cliford etc...... you may have a bigger challenge to override the auto rearm. (Basically you will need to leave the ignition on, or get an override switch fitted on your alarm giving it a fake ignition signal to stop the auto rearms)

The double click disables the deadlocks.

It also appears to disable the motion sensor. I have forgotten before now to use the switch inside the drivers door pillar and when the alarm went off I unlocked and then relocked using the double click method (from above looking down on the van!) and all was OK for the rest of the crossing.

Am sure a double locked it on the button the second time a heard it but it is possible a didn't do it correctly as a was panicking at first then a just gave in . Al definitely try all of above . As always thanks for everyone's help :thumbsup:

Back