Alarm activating since valet

Aquarianmonkey

VIP Member
Hi, I’ve looked on here with regards the alarm issues and mine seems to go off randomly at home, at friends, in supermarket car parks but not where I work. I have taped the sensors, still went off, double pressed the lock, still went off, turned the key 3 times to lock, alarm is switched off but then reactivates itself and goes off! I’m booking it in for other electrical issues but the alarm is key due to having tools inside

When you say “other electrical issues” what are these? Things that spring to mind that could cause the alarm to go off are a low battery voltage (or the alarm thinking there is a low battery voltage), a faulty door switch, or even the bonnet latch. If the alarm system sees these move from closed to open even if they don’t actually do that, it goes off.

Also, see this thread for some thoughts.

iffy door lock/position sensors?

post a few pics of your dash display - do you have the door open icons?

When you say “other electrical issues” what are these? Things that spring to mind that could cause the alarm to go off are a low battery voltage (or the alarm thinking there is a low battery voltage), a faulty door switch, or even the bonnet latch. If the alarm system sees these move from closed to open even if they don’t actually do that, it goes off.
Thanks Will, the alarm seems to be activating since I had it valeted so not sure what the lad touched or disturbed. There is an issue with either the battery or starter but can’t find the answers anywhere so it’s going into the dealer for further investigation let’s hope it’s an easy fix.

iffy door lock/position sensors?

post a few pics of your dash display - do you have the door open icons?
No door open, it just goes off without rhyme or reason. I’ve switched it off before now and it rearms after a few mins then goes off?!

Back