Faulty Rear Parking Sensors

Thanks for all the advice, I couldn't hear anything. So I'll have a play and remove the passenger seats. The cables are a bit squashed, by the swivel plate, so it could be that. If that doesn't works its back to VW.

The control module is directly underneath the steering wheel behind the lower dash panel above the pedals, the module is mounted sideways on the end of the BCM carrier/bracket
Each sensor has three wires, a positive, a negative and a return signal to the PDC control module
The pos and neg connections are common across all four sensors, there are six wires in the loom going to the rear sensors, pos, neg and four return signals
Do you still have the wiring diagram? I am having the same issue

Hi, I know this thread is old but i just want to check to where the rear junction block is. Might be a typo in the pdf article but is it on the “near side” of the van. So if I was standing at the back of the van looking into it, it’s in the left hand side at the bottom behind behind a side panel (under the very rear side window)?

Yes that's correct, it's on the LHS as you look in the back door of the van behind the side panel. As long as you can get the side panel off its pretty accessible.

Got a converted van. Panel looks to be held in with Phillips screws. Possibly just a little bit extra faff as the R&R bed is there.

the other junction mentioned is under the passenger seat. I have captain chair (double) so no access under it. Would it have been put somewhere else close by?

……or should I assume the captain chair needs to come out to get under the swivel plate? :-S

last question for now; if I only have rear parking sensors, is it just the two plugs in the parking sensor control module under the dash; one black and one brown? I. It’s there’s a spare socket in the middle of the two.

(asking because a garage has had my dash out and now two left sensors aren’t working)

Last edited:
hello folks. been chasing my tail with reverse parking sensor fault for a few weeks now. using a multi meter the sensors seem ok, though I replaced 2 anyway. the wiring is ok at the connection to the sensors themselves - again, I replaced one connection. so - I pulled the near side rear panel and found a connection that I believe to be for the sensors - see pic - is this the one others have identified? interestingly the connections are corroded - ill admit it seems a bit surprising as I dont get the inside of there van wet - maybe just ambient moisture? - anyhoo...ill give it a clean and see how I go. thanks for any and all info received on this one!

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

Back