Fatigue Detection

Adams

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Does anyone have the Assistants menu in their cluster and does it have the fatigue detection menu ☕️ (2nd in the picture)

816D708B-EF92-43B4-B12C-F2203991FDBB.jpeg

My menu differs to yours (I have an early T6) and yes, I get fatigue reminders. I read somewhere that the style of your driving can trigger it.

That isn’t my cluster @Ads_Essex its a clip from a video. Menu’s should appear the same on colour or B&W clusters what is in the menu depends on spec.
Do you have the menu in the cluster to select/deselect it?
Yes it is based on driving style as to when the alert appears.
I have activated it in the BCM/gateway eeprom but just now trying to activate the menu in the cluster

I occasionally get fatigue warnings and they seem pretty accurate. I thought it was triggered by the motion sensor in the cab, ie you’re not moving your head checking mirrors etc?

I have that in mine as well but it was easy enough to turn off in the MFD settings menu

Yes I have it and find its useless. Comes on at random times normal driving style etc.

Would be interesting how the warning is activated

I don’t suppose you have VCDS or VCP do you @andys?

Fatigue detection is activated when the driving style meets a certain criteria, small sharp steering inputs etc

Here you go, T6 specific . . . .

The driver alert system (DAS)
Between and 5 and 25 % of all accidents are caused by fatigue. Driving when fatigued is a cause of more severe
accidents than other accident causes.
The driver alert system (DAS) is a convenience function that supports the driver and has a preventative effect by
detecting the driver's fatigue level.

Function
Fatigue is detected by evaluating the steering
behaviour. If the system detects that the driver is at
risk of falling asleep, there is an acoustic warning as
well as a text prompt to take a break displayed on the
multifunction display of the dash panel insert.

In addition to the steering behaviour, data regarding
the driving situation (vehicle speed, accelerator pedal
operation, use of turn indicators, time of day, duration
of driving, etc.) and the driver's activity operating the
settings and comfort elements (air conditioning
system, use of telephone, etc.) are recorded and sent
via the CAN bus to the diagnostic interface for the
data bus where the data is evaluated. The software is
integrated in the gateway.

Operation and display
Operation
Activation and deactivation is via the dash panel
insert. The function is available from a speed of
65 km/h onwards. Following activation, the system
requires about 15 minutes to collect sufficient data on
which to draw a conclusion about the driver's fatigue
as driving continues.

Display
If driver fatigue is detected, a message is displayed in the dash panel insert and a gong sounds for 5 seconds. The
message and gong are repeated if the driver does not take a break within the next 15 minutes. After this repetition
there is no further warning.

fatigue.jpg

Yes I have VCDS, what do you need?
an auto scan and admap for BCM & gateway of pos? Where about a are you? Tbh I think the info needed would only be readable with VCP.

Here you go, T6 specific . . . .

The driver alert system (DAS)
Between and 5 and 25 % of all accidents are caused by fatigue. Driving when fatigued is a cause of more severe
accidents than other accident causes.
The driver alert system (DAS) is a convenience function that supports the driver and has a preventative effect by
detecting the driver's fatigue level.

Function
Fatigue is detected by evaluating the steering
behaviour. If the system detects that the driver is at
risk of falling asleep, there is an acoustic warning as
well as a text prompt to take a break displayed on the
multifunction display of the dash panel insert.

In addition to the steering behaviour, data regarding
the driving situation (vehicle speed, accelerator pedal
operation, use of turn indicators, time of day, duration
of driving, etc.) and the driver's activity operating the
settings and comfort elements (air conditioning
system, use of telephone, etc.) are recorded and sent
via the CAN bus to the diagnostic interface for the
data bus where the data is evaluated. The software is
integrated in the gateway.

Operation and display
Operation
Activation and deactivation is via the dash panel
insert. The function is available from a speed of
65 km/h onwards. Following activation, the system
requires about 15 minutes to collect sufficient data on
which to draw a conclusion about the driver's fatigue
as driving continues.

Display
If driver fatigue is detected, a message is displayed in the dash panel insert and a gong sounds for 5 seconds. The
message and gong are repeated if the driver does not take a break within the next 15 minutes. After this repetition
there is no further warning.

View attachment 44795

So reading all that, and baring in mind all the miles I do and the fact i've only seen it once in 60,000 miles, and the hours I spend driving at a time, does this officially mean I am a good driver?

So reading all that, and baring in mind all the miles I do and the fact i've only seen it once in 60,000 miles, and the hours I spend driving at a time, does this officially mean I am a good driver?
Maybe, but if you want confirmation.....

Get a VW connect OBD2 plug and it will tell you how good your driving is...

Screenshot_20190607-183104_VW Connect.jpg Screenshot_20190607-183040_VW Connect.jpg

Connect | Volkswagen UK

got mine from ebay for £20

I've driven none stop for a lot longer than that, and only ever seen it come up once. I'm sure it mentioned something about taking a break and having a coffee.
Same here, often drive for periods exceeding 4 hours non-stop. Reckon it has only flashed up once in 2 years.

Mine comes up at odd times when I don't feel tired. Then because of my OCD I start doubting and feeling tired.

an auto scan and admap for BCM & gateway of pos? Where about a are you? Tbh I think the info needed would only be readable with VCP.
I'm in Lincolnshire. I can send an autoscan no problem, but you'd have to explain the other bit. I don't have VCP.
I haven't seen it working as I turned it off in the settings when I first picked up the van.

Back