Fatigue Detection

@Robert some already have it activated in the SW some need it activating, but it’s not so difficult with the right tools

@mmi why do you want to update the transmission?
Unfortunately VW distributes software updates very sparingly so would be sometimes nice to have the controls in my own hands. However, VW is even more restrained to give out documentation about the differences between versions so updating the modules without proper documentation might lead to unexpected results. So no real intentions to mess with actual software loads - yet.

Anyways, why the mention of the DSG? I’m currently trying to squeeze out from VW a software change for T6 DSG.

Just demonstrated an undocumented (by VW) annoying (to me) feature of T6 DSG. The DSG seems to have a distinctive downhill mode in which it remains on gear D2 longer than normal thus revving engine up to 3000 rpm when foot lightly on throttle when travelling downhill.

The actual problem is that the above (revving high on D2) happens randomly also on flat terrain. So my proposal to VW is to reduce/remove DSG’s sensitivity to downhill inclination.

To my surprise local VW dealer was eventually instructed to take actions on the matter: Verify that my van is up to date software wise and no pending updates. For me to demonstrate the phenomenon in presence of VW staff. For the dealer to do comparison runs with another van and look into configuration differences between “similar” vans. So to my astonishment a big variety of different software configurations in related units (engine, gearbox, ABS) were disclosed under spec “panel van, MY18, 204PS, DSG, 4Motion”.

My expectations of the outcome – the success is not totally impossible :D

PS. Software 5304 is on MY20 T6 146kW DSG 4Motion from the factory, so could be probably injected into mine too! There was no noticeable difference though.

Hello! This function can works with ALL dashboards(wich without temperature and fuel level arrows too). But for activation you must make some operations with ODIS-E or VCP.
1) Address 19 Byte2 Bit2 - 1 Then check errors in 19 address. If it's clear - using of ODIS not needed
2) If you see error in 19 block - load config arbeits_datei_T6_MKE.xml.PDF, erase .PDF in filename and make operation 010.01 Write data set
3) make shure, that you don't have errors in meashuring units 06-08
4) make an adoptation in 19 block 05 channel - 1
5) make an adoptation in 17 block IDE05583- 1
6) If you have 870 or 880 dash( MFA+ or 3D), activate 09 BCM... Byte25 Bit2

Attachments

• arbeits_datei_T6_MKE.xml.PDF
    2.3 KB · Views: 31
Hello! This function can works with ALL dashboards(wich without temperature and fuel level arrows too). But for activation you must make some operations with ODIS-E or VCP.
1) Address 19 Byte2 Bit2 - 1 Then check errors in 19 address. If it's clear - using of ODIS not needed
2) If you see error in 19 block - load config arbeits_datei_T6_MKE.xml.PDF, erase .PDF in filename and make operation 010.01 Write data set
3) make shure, that you don't have errors in meashuring units 06-08
4) make an adoptation in 19 block 05 channel - 1
5) make an adoptation in 17 block IDE05583- 1
6) If you have 870 or 880 dash( MFA+ or 3D), activate 09 BCM... Byte25 Bit2
Well done mate!:thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing the .xml file;)

Reactions: mmi
Hi,
I'm a new forum member . I'm searching a solution to an issue with fatigue detection of my GOLF mk7

I've changed the gateway module to make some retrofit. Now I'm not able to enable fatigue detection . I always receive message " function not available now "

I don't see any error in the gateway or others modules (ODIS-E)

could you help me to verify the cause ?

thanks a lot

Hi,
I'm a new forum member . I'm searching a solution to an issue with fatigue detection of my GOLF mk7

I've changed the gateway module to make some retrofit. Now I'm not able to enable fatigue detection . I always receive message " function not available now "

I don't see any error in the gateway or others modules (ODIS-E)

could you help me to verify the cause ?

thanks a lot
I have missed your question somehowo_O
It appears that your new gateway despite correct configuration (coding and adaptations) doesn't actually have Fatigue Detection parametisation.
Having ODIS-E you could simply reflash your unit with XML file that consists this feature and your problem should be solved :thumbsup:.

I have missed your question somehowo_O
I appears that your new gateway despite correct configuration (coding and adaptations) doesn't actually have Fatigue Detection parametisation.
Having ODIS-E you could simply reflash your unit with XML file that consists this feature and your problem should be solved :thumbsup:.

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've just checked all the code bytes and adaptations but without to load an XML file.
In any case I dont know which XML file to use.
Someone told me the FEC code for Fatigue detection wasnt load upon the gateway change procss.
I dont jave tha ODIS online acocunt.
I've only ODIS-E and ODIS-S sfotware

thanks

Hi, thanks for your reply. I've just checked all the code bytes and adaptations but without to load an XML file.
In any case I dont know which XML file to use.
Someone told me the FEC code for Fatigue detection wasnt load upon the gateway change procss.
I dont jave tha ODIS online acocunt.
I've only ODIS-E and ODIS-S sfotware

thanks
I am definitely not a MQB platform expert but on PQx5 platforms FECs apply to ACC and a good few other features on infotainment unit only so maybe there is a hope for you.

By the way.
What year is your Golf?
MK6 or MK7?

Back