Extra Driving Lights

_sb14296-jpg.55683

I have a H7 module on mime. Wanted to hook up a 20 inch bar on a license plate bar. Stressed til I found this site...Plenty of handy tips here. Ended up using Stedi VW amarok high beam piggy back with a smart wire harness and it works a treat.

20200608_195136.jpg

I have a H7 module on mime. Wanted to hook up a 20 inch bar on a license plate bar. Stressed til I found this site...Plenty of handy tips here. Ended up using Stedi VW amarok high beam piggy back with a smart wire harness and it works a treat.

View attachment 73265
Just have to find a way into the cabin in order to place a switch

My van had an LED light bar chopped into the lower grille when I bought it. It was relayed to the high beam under the bonnet with a feed from the battery.
I didn't like it at all as it looked like a motorway maintenance van (no offence if you are Motorway Maintenance) and was pretty crap from a lights point of view.
So it went in the bin and a new grille fitted along with H7 headlights in place of the H4 candles.
No complaints with H7 on low or high beam, one of the best upgrades I have done to the van.

To revive this thread, my current T6 has auxiliary led bar mounted above the reg plate. Gets power from a relay thats connected to the main battery. The relay gets its feed from the LED headlights, headlight connector pin 11. When you pull out the connector from the headlight you see the connector has numbers around it to identify which wire is which. Theres a steady 12 volt power for the feed so no need for canbus modules or current detecting relays.

Last edited:
Just have to find a way into the cabin in order to place a switch

View attachment 73265
Thanks for the tip yvikash. Just ordered same harness with dual plugs. I've got a couple 12" LED bars going into my bullbar. Will see those damn Roos from a mile away!

Does anyone have photos of the switch they installed for their spotlights? I am going to get a small LED light bar installed on a number plate on my VWt6.1 and am hoping my electrician will be able to get the wiring into the cabin for a switch - I cannot find info on how to get a real switch for one of the many blanks I have on my dashboard so am looking for the least ugly alternative ..I couldn't find anything for T6.1 at the van life stores

Hi.. @jedistar I had this switch fitted for my DRL ( separate switch due to already having Led lights ) it’s a cheap push switch

4A183BB9-8D5E-4B87-A4F0-1E088282BF4C.jpeg
This is similar…
A819F2A8-B84A-4519-8D0D-271FDEF95DC1.png

I fitted a rocker switch for my light bar in the blank on top of the dashboard that would have a 12v socket in some models. It has a small red led that let's me know my light bar is on, when I dip my lights from high beam the light bar goes off also as required by Australian standards.
It looks neat in real life but in photos looks bigger than it is.20211016_175050.jpg

I mounted a little rocker switch into a piece of rubber that I could wedge into one of the spare dash switches. Not perfect but quite sturdy and unobtrusive enough. It illuminates when on and is in easy reach if I want to switch it off and just use the normal high beam. Keeps it legal in Oz too.
9FEFE4C8-7C1C-4137-A39D-EDF39B068859.jpeg

Back