T6.1 dashboard button spares

X88POW

Hi All

New to this Forum, Currently drive a T5 Sport Line and have purchased a T6.1 which is currently in the process of being built.

I'm after a bit of help with some missing buttons and advice on what I can replace:

I have three blanks on the right hand cluster (see photo) that I would like to utilise as some aux switches for lights and a momentary button I could modify to open my garage.
dash 1.jpgdash 2.jpg
questions:

1) what buttons are missing
2) what can I replace the blanks with
3) anyone have part codes etc for said buttons and know where i can purchase

thanks for all your help in advance
Chris

Well, a guess - based on data from IFInterface
Certainly needs double-checking against exact vehicle type etc.
1616523167612.png

1616523222773.png

PS. Welcome to Forum :thumbsup:

EDIT (29MAY2021) - updated screen captures - with pictures.
1622316491242.png
1622316586862.png
Extracted from

Last edited:
Hi MMi

thanks for the reply

so if i am reading that correct

top Position 1 (right 4 buttons top right) is the windscreen heater which i have
top Position 2 (right 4 buttons top left) is a blank and doesn't have a button assigned
Bottom Position 1 (right 4 buttons bottom right) is either "stand regeneration" or "mode"
Bottom Position 2 (right 4 buttons bottom left) is a blank and doesn't have a button assigned

If the above is correct couple of questions:
1) can i add the "Mode" button? will it have any functionality?
2) is there any buttons available for position 2 top & bottom from over seas models or different trim models? really don't want to drill and insert a push button into the blanks if I can help it.
3) what is the "WLan, Bluetooth" button for?

Thanks again for any help received

The way I understand is that the 4-button block consists of two switch modules - upper and lower. Thus solo switches are not available.
1616581474017.png
So possibly you could replace your "Windscreen heater (only)" module with "Wlan/Bluetooth + Windscreen heater" -module.
It seems that for lower module available are only either "Regen" or "MODE" modules.

I'm not sure what's the Wlan/BT was meant to do. Possibly related to a special versions of T6.1 - VIP Bus or taxi??
No good ideas what the MODE was meant to do.
I guess you could you use any of these "new" ones as general purpose switches. Most likely there is no wiring present on van's side.

Anyways, I haven't had any of these in my hands - so no responsibility accepted ;)

Ok that makes sense now. I will pop them off and see what lies behind.

Looks like the drilling and install of some push buttons with flip flop relays might have to be the way!

Ok that makes sense now. I will pop them off and see what lies behind.

Looks like the drilling and install of some push buttons with flip flop relays might have to be the way!
Did you pop them out? Can you give me dimensions (I don’t have my van)? I’m looking for somewhere to fit an amplifier remote control knob and thinking this maybe here.

Did you pop them out? Can you give me dimensions (I don’t have my van)? I’m looking for somewhere to fit an amplifier remote control knob and thinking this maybe here.
yes but MMI was correct they are combined units the top two buttons and then the bottom two no easy way to retrofit any sort of button in the blanks provided without cutting away the casing of the entire button. i have one with some little hidden buttons on the side of the passengers seat box and they work great and not noticeable until your looking for them

Thanks for the above info it was very helpful.
I've ordered the [wifi / windscreen heater] centre right upper cluster (pictured) from a Multivan and will connect it up to the aftermarket spot lights + camping lights on my California, where I've currently have a blank.

IMG_20211007_110928.jpg

PXL_20211007_015515602.jpg

G'day, just dropping in on you button wizards in this here rabbit hole of endless info & wanted to ask a lazy question (one without doing more due diligence) about sourcing some of these dash buttons.

It's been, not so clear, for me to navigate the OEM sites provided here (maybe because i am oztralian) but i would like a solution for switching spot lights. I Currently have two 'in grille' Lazer spots & one light bar, that are wired in series via two buttons & the Original High Beam light bar activation. Was really hoping that someone here has been through the same modification & what they would recommend if they were to go about this a second time round ... haha

IMG_6221.jpg

IMG_6220.jpg

IMG_6218.jpg

Hi
G'day, just dropping in on you button wizards in this here rabbit hole of endless info & wanted to ask a lazy question (one without doing more due diligence) about sourcing some of these dash buttons.

It's been, not so clear, for me to navigate the OEM sites provided here (maybe because i am oztralian) but i would like a solution for switching spot lights. I Currently have two 'in grille' Lazer spots & one light bar, that are wired in series via two buttons & the Original High Beam light bar activation. Was really hoping that someone here has been through the same modification & what they would recommend if they were to go about this a second time round ... haha

View attachment 137243

View attachment 137244

View attachment 137245
Hi Thiers. Fellow Aussie here.
I'm doing the same as you but to my RHD T6.1 cali.
I ordered the Inner Right Top button cluster from VW Germany (similar position as you indicated- but for T6.1) from a MULTIVAN which are [BT/WIFI - DEMISTER] switches.
I don't have the part number on me right now.
I'll cover up the original icons with digital label printer.

The catch is that these switches are "occasional" ie. don't stay on and therefore require a Flipflop or "chopper" relay to activate the lights and keep them on.
My auto electrician is making me a pair (2x switches = 2 flipflop replays - front driving lights + roof camping lights) but you can buy then also from REDARC, who i'm sure you've heard of. However they aren't cheap @ $180 each. Latching 'Chopper' Relay (Flip-Flop)
I suggest research the correct RHD switches for your T6 model and there will be a similar variant switches that will have these blanking plates filled with some switches.

Good luck. let me know how you go.

Otherwise... drill a hole in the your blanking plate and mount a standard switch over the top.

PXL_20211104_050410036.jpg

PXL_20211104_050348735.jpg

@Wern thanks a million for your time to give up this quality info, I especially appreciate the intel on the Flip Flop by Redarc. I think some guys here were originally using the coding tool (OBD?) to use the ECU to switch the spotlight relays from the OEM dash switches. I'd prefer the simplicity of the Redarc device. When you sourced your dash switches did you do it through an original dealership in Oz?
PS. i have seen the drill & switch options .. but once anyone has visited here how can you go back hahaha

The installed result.

Hi

I ordered the Inner Right Top button cluster from VW Germany (similar position as you indicated- but for T6.1) from a MULTIVAN which are [BT/WIFI - DEMISTER] switches.

The catch is that these switches are "occasional" ie. don't stay on and therefore require a Flipflop or "chopper" relay to activate the lights and keep them on.
My auto electrician is making me a pair (2x switches = 2 flipflop replays - front driving lights + roof camping lights) but you can buy then also from REDARC, who i'm sure you've heard of. However they aren't cheap @ $180 each. Latching 'Chopper' Relay (Flip-Flop)
I suggest research the correct RHD switches for your T6 model and there will be a similar variant switches that will have these blanking plates filled with some switches.

Otherwise... drill a hole in the your blanking plate and mount a standard switch over the top.

View attachment 137878

View attachment 137879

View attachment 160898

Hi

View attachment 137878

View attachment 137879

PXL_20220616_024259645.jpg

Reactions: CAB
Can anybody advise on the availability of the blanks show in the attached image?
T6.1 to which I need to fit a small rocker on off switch, looking at the component, I can make it fit if necessary but would like to experiment before the modification

Some quick googling results

7LA927202D WZU (switch module)
7L1857857 9B9 (frame holder)
6R0972930 (plug)

Not sure about switch module, probably @X88POW can confirm the correct partnumber or @mmi
Need a switch module with all 3 buttons (ESP, HDC and Diff lock)

Last edited:
Back