Extra Driving Lights

Andy a

I want to add some extra driving /spot loghts to my highline 67 plate where is the best place to get a feed for high and low beam

Last edited:
And does anyone know if one of those rally car style, four or five spot 'pods' would sit neatly on the front of the bonnet..???

Ha..! Well, I'm willing to bet no-one's seen one like that..

Serious question though. I harbour a 'rally raid support' image of van, and they would certainly add cajones to the look. Think Dakar meets street, maybe..?

fullsizeoutput_2946.jpeg

I want to add some extra driving /spot loghts to my highline 67 plate where is the best place to get a feed for high and low beam
Keep in mind that the relays to control high and dip beam (along with pretty much everything else) are controlled from the BCM, i doubt it would be a good idea to feed directly of the existing headlight feeds.
Personally i would install new feeds for them run through relays and use the headlight feeds to trigger the relays, this keeps it all away from the BCM and negates any risk of overloading existing circuits and affecting warranty

Keep in mind that the relays to control high and dip beam (along with pretty much everything else) are controlled from the BCM, i doubt it would be a good idea to feed directly of the existing headlight feeds.
Personally i would install new feeds for them run through relays and use the headlight feeds to trigger the relays, this keeps it all away from the BCM and negates any risk of overloading existing circuits

Was going to run through a relay just need best place to pick high beam feed for triggering relay .

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to run through a relay just need best place to pick high beam feed for triggering relay .
Which lights do you currently;) have? I’ll pop up a snippet of wiring diagram for you..

Which headlights have you got as the wiring is different..

Pins 6 and 8 on the plug for the left headlight are dip and main.
Circuit_Diagrams_H4-Left-Headlight.png

Andy
Where are you running the wire from the light bar? If its mounted on the roof bars I assume you will have to come inside the bodywork at some point??
I toyed with this but couldn't see a feasable route without compromising water tightness.
Photo's appreciated mate.

Andy
Where are you running the wire from the light bar? If its mounted on the roof bars I assume you will have to come inside the bodywork at some point??
I toyed with this but couldn't see a feasable route without compromising water tightness.
Photo's appreciated mate.

I will get some photos

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, sorry to jump on the thread but does anyone know where to pick up a high beam feed within the cab? I have the LED headlights on the van that’s coming and I’m trying to get everything together and ready before it comes. If I can pick up a feed somewhere inside the cab its only the one wire I need to run out to the grill light bar. Thanks for any help

Personally i would install new feeds for them run through relays and use the headlight feeds to trigger the relays, this keeps it all away from the BCM and negates any risk of overloading existing circuits and affecting warranty

If I am not bothered about a light bar being activated by the high beam, could i piggy back the positive for the switch from the SC9 H/light dip/main switch supply fuse?

Thanks for the help

Tiff

The fuse would always be live
You could tap into the signal that turns a light on (from the stalk) but you wouldnt be able to feed anything with it but just use it to trigger a relay feeding your equipment

cheers, don't really want to be tapping anything would much prefer to use a piggy back are there no ignition live fuses in the cab fuse box?

Back