Ex Vw T5 Owners... Looking For Information.

Stewby

Nurse
T6 Guru
Hi there.

We are a wolf in sheep's clothing and actually have a late T5 (2015 plate) but had originally planned on getting a T6 so I joined this forum and find it too lovely to leave.

Anyways... we now have our own little (maybe not so little) Harvey who is a kombi. I have read a lot of information on here regarding the T6 and wondering how much of it applies to a T5.
Unfortunately we cannot get a manual online and the van never came with one so we are trying to figure stuff out as we go.

Questions we have:
* Do T5's still need the "golf door seals"??
* Is it possible to retrofit the power-latching side door function??
* Do we need the strip across the front of the windscreen (to stop things falling down the "crack")??
* Does the carista thing work on a T5 as well?? (our digital speedometer is in km/h).

Is there anything else, you would recommend for our T5??

Thank you for your time.

Hi @Stewby

Questions we have:

* Do T5's still need the "golf door seals"??
I never had them on my t5.1 but if memory serves me correctly, the doors were even more tinny than the t6, so i would get them as it is a lovely cheap mod.

* Is it possible to retrofit the power-latching side door function??
I'm pretty sure it is, but way beyond my pay grade as to process of works.
* Do we need the strip across the front of the windscreen (to stop things falling down the "crack")??
You don't think you need it until something has fallen down the crack.
* Does the carista thing work on a T5 as well?? (our digital speedometer is in km/h).
Pretty sure Carista works on all Transporters 2012 onwards

Thank you very much for your replies.

Having never owned any sort of VW, I wasn't sure if the T5 already sounded like a golf. I have gone from a wee Vauxhall astra as an everyday vehicle to our new veedub so it is quite a steep learning curve.
We are definitely looking at the power latching doors as I keep struggling with the sliding door (I try to be gently but then the door doesn't shut). I wonder if it something the converters could do whilst they are playing with our van.
:)

Thanks again for the replies... now if only someone can give me the secret to unending riches, I will be sorted.
:laugh:

As much as I would love it, we have far too many items on our wishlist before we even think about getting an upgraded grille.

I actually love the way our VW looks at the front. Although we haven't had him out in the dark yet so not sure what the headlights are like.
:laugh:

My T5 needed the uprated headlight bulbs too (H4's) but TBH I haven't found my T6 to be any worse than the T5 was. The T6 now has Extreme bulbs in.

This is our Harvey... Sadly, our weather up here has been a bit wet so waiting for a lovely sunny day to get some new pictures of him somewhere pretty.
So, you currently have two of the pictures from the advert and the picture I took after adding in our "rugs for bugs" car mats.
:D

Harvey - 011.jpg

Harvey - 015.jpg

Harvey - 016.jpg

Next question is (hopefully) quite simple. We are looking at getting rid of the kombi rear seats and getting a RIB bed... but we don't know what fabric we have. It doesn't look like any of the current fabrics available and we are struggling to tell the difference between the different types online.
Does anyone have any idea?? I don't want to pay for the RIB bed to be done in the wrong fabric. The converters I spoke to said they got their RIB beds from BANWY so that is who I have been looking at.

Thank you in advance.

Harvey - 005.jpg

Back