Eurotunnel overnight - where to kip?

You haven't got time for a shower, wet wipes while standing on the pedals and steering one handed... you do realise Murcia is probably a huge sheet of glass after this summer?
Haha. I'm just north of Murcia luckily. Guardamar del Segura area. It has been warm hasn't't it?

We got there about 3 hours early on our recent outbound. Used a staffed booth and the first question was ‘would you like to go on the next train?
So probably try that method.
In fact, the way it’s panned out we are having a day in Bruges on Thursday, a cheeky stealth sleep and then going to try the tunnel before noon. Our booking is 2220hrs so I’ll let you know the outcome.

Cheers mate. Enjoy Bruges. Tony S is flying out to Spain on the Friday so I've got to pick him up at the airport, hence why I need to be there by Friday at the latest!

I recall arriving early, 2 hrs or so, a few years ago. Drove up to the booth and it gave me the option of going early for an extra £100 or so. Naturally I declined.
Not been given that option recently, wonder if they've stopped charging for it.

Cheers mate. Enjoy Bruges. Tony S is flying out to Spain on the Friday so I've got to pick him up at the airport, hence why I need to be there by Friday at the latest!
Does he not fancy a little road trip with you in the bus?

Over the years, we've turned up on one side or the other on most trips between 1 and 3 hours early and each time the machine has offered us an earlier train at NO extra expense. In June this year, I changed the Calais - Folkestone return via my account to bring it forward by a couple of days as the weather forecast was poor and we were asked to pay another £23 which I was happy with. We stayed at The Drum Inn for the first time on the way over in June and I would recommend it if anybody wanted a proper campsite. I also noticed that there were a few nice quiet places around that way that you could probably grab a few hours undisturbed kip if necessary but TBH I reckon that the £21 that they ask at The Drum is probably worth it as it's only 10 minutes or so away from the terminal.

Back