Overnight stay in Cardiff area

Walshie

T6 Pro
Hi everyone,
Im due to travel down to Cardiff tomorrow (Sunday) to take my daughter to the Welsh Assembly offices for a meeting on Monday. She is staying in the Plaza hotel and i intend to stay in my van. Any suggestions where I can park up for the night in relative safety/comfort?

Chris

Thanks Ayjay. I've given them a ring and atm they are fully booked but they have suggested to check tomorrow for cancellations, or try the Sophia Gardens car park nearby. Thanks for your suggestion.

Side of the road, I normally find a quiet, well lit industrial estate. Go to the end of the cul de sac and you won’t be woken up by trucks.
In the morning there‘s generally a fry up within 400m on an industrial estate.

Plaza Hotel car park?
Didnt know if its got one. From streetview i can see an NCP across the road. Quick check on their website confirms my suspicions -

Park Plaza Cardiff does not have car parking facilities on-site. The nearest and most convenient car park is the NCP car park on Greyfriars Road, located directly opposite the Hotel entrance.

Side of the road, I normally find a quiet, well lit industrial estate. Go to the end of the cul de sac and you won’t be woken up by trucks.
In the morning there‘s generally a fry up within 400m on an industrial estate.
Good shout.

Back