ABS ESP & Tyres Pressure Warning

Mupp3tt

T6 Pro
Can anyone enlighten me as to the following errors.
I expect the near side ABS sensor, as that is generally the one that gets all the much and crud on it but can someone tell me anything else on these codes please?

Screenshot_20220809-073415_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20220809-073418_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20220809-073429_WhatsApp.jpg

Screenshot_20220809-073434_WhatsApp.jpg

C101A 14 = Left front ABS wheel speed sensor (=C101A); open circuit/short circuit to ground (=14)

The other two most likely because of the above -
U1110 00 - Function restriction due to communication interuption
U1113 00 - Function limitatation due to received malfunction value

@mmi Thanks for this. Will replace and see if it clears it.
Have you checked the wiring. The fault code extension "14" a kind of suggests wiring problem - open circuit, or "short circuit to ground", the latter could also mean no power.

There are other extensions (or placeholders at least) which point more into the sensor itself.
E.g.
-01=electrical error,​
-04=sensor faulty,​
-07=electrical error,​
And others as well
-11=short circuit to ground​
-12=short circuit to B+​
Anyways, can't be sure what's actually implemented on T6 ABS.

Please keep us updated :thumbsup:

Mine showed a short to ground, I thought that had to be a wiring issue, but it turned out to be a failure in the sensor where the moulding of the hall sensor had become porous and allowed moisture to get into the sensor and short it to the hub. A new sensor cleared the fault.

1660117501425.png

So it all originated after a good old intensive wash... I expect there is a water ingress but want to have the right parts to fix prior to starting. Will pin back some photos when I get in about it later... it is intermittent so it says to me likely a issue with a cable or indeed sensor.

Thanks all . I will report back

Reactions: mmi
Update. so after changing the front left sensor with little effort the sensor still showed as erroring... Sensor looked good and nothing like @Loz above . :D in fact it was undamaged and clean and the inner ring showing shiny and almost new looking to my surprise.... So found a garage near me and went and got the VAG codes which showed up off side rear.. now this leads me to a story..................

the light first came on when i went to pick up a trailer and mini digger from my cousins man. i hopped up GENTLY onto the kerb on the off side and the next time I started the van the sensor piped up and showed all the error..

Now I did a good bit of fettling and cleaning of the port before putting the new sensor in which is mighty tight fit even with a fresh cleaned port hole. also did a good bit of contact spray into the hole to make sure there was no rubbish on the teeth. Managed this without taking off callipers and shields too which was cramped but manageable.

One suggestion is a 4mm hole drilled in and a wood coach bolt with coarse teeth screwed into the sensor before using a small slide hammer to pop it out nicely.

Popped everything back together and lights have remained off.. NICE>

If your near Glasgow, or south Lanarkshire I highly recommend Thistledome autocare ! they popped the computer on and read off the fault to me and were generous enough not to charge me. They knew I was doing the sensor swap myself and I cannot thank them enough. for anyone wanting their number 01698 711 111

Reactions: Loz
So today I have had 3 errors lights appear.

ABS, stability control and Tyre Pressure warning lights on, image attached.

is there any generic software I can use on an iPhone/iPad to check the OBD port for error codes?
I have a wireless OBD module and also ELM Cable for Ford vehicles, I presume the latter is same on VW as I thought OBD was a standard interface.

IMG_5501.jpeg

Possibly a wheel speed sensor.....

Carista is a good start point.

I have the

OBDLINK Mx wifi​

Do you have the OBDlink MX plugged in all the time? Just asking as I had the exact same error lights on my VW. Unplugged the OBDlink MX and the errors went away. A friend gave me the OBDlink MX after selling his car. He had his ABS module replaced on his car as he was getting similar errors (not a VW). He also had it plugged in all the time.

Issue resolved after 3 visits to Grouo1 VW service Center Chelmsford.

Visits 2&3 they collected the vehicle.

It was ABS sensors on both wheels.

Do you have the OBDlink MX plugged in all the time? Just asking as I had the exact same error lights on my VW. Unplugged the OBDlink MX and the errors went away. A friend gave me the OBDlink MX after selling his car. He had his ABS module replaced on his car as he was getting similar errors (not a VW). He also had it plugged in all the time.

No OBDlink is not plugged in all the time.

Issue resolved by dealer now.

Hi @Dave276 , I've got the same 3 lights come on today. Was the replacement covered under all-in- 1?

Our vehicle is a Motability vehicle, so unfortunately I would not know if yours will be covered under all in 1 (I presume this is a VW extended warranty name).

Just make sure they check both as mine had to go in 3 times to get the root cause fixed, which was both abs sensors damaged.

I blame the state of the British roads as root cause.

Update. so after changing the front left sensor with little effort the sensor still showed as erroring... Sensor looked good and nothing like @Loz above . :D in fact it was undamaged and clean and the inner ring showing shiny and almost new looking to my surprise.... So found a garage near me and went and got the VAG codes which showed up off side rear.. now this leads me to a story..................

the light first came on when i went to pick up a trailer and mini digger from my cousins man. i hopped up GENTLY onto the kerb on the off side and the next time I started the van the sensor piped up and showed all the error..

Now I did a good bit of fettling and cleaning of the port before putting the new sensor in which is mighty tight fit even with a fresh cleaned port hole. also did a good bit of contact spray into the hole to make sure there was no rubbish on the teeth. Managed this without taking off callipers and shields too which was cramped but manageable.

One suggestion is a 4mm hole drilled in and a wood coach bolt with coarse teeth screwed into the sensor before using a small slide hammer to pop it out nicely.

Popped everything back together and lights have remained off.. NICE>

If your near Glasgow, or south Lanarkshire I highly recommend Thistledome autocare ! they popped the computer on and read off the fault to me and were generous enough not to charge me. They knew I was doing the sensor swap myself and I cannot thank them enough. for anyone wanting their number 01698 711 11

I have the same warnings and been told it’s an open circuit fault. VW told me it’s behind the rear light cluster and they need to investigate to find it which isn’t covered in the extended warranty I took out. Are you saying that you changed the abs sensor on the back wheel and that cleared the code? If so that should be covered by my warranty.

It sounds like VW have already determined that there is a wiring fault (open circuit means a broken wire) on one of the ABS sensors - so changing the sensor may make no difference.

Also double check if it's just a case that investigation on it's own isn't covered, but that it would be if the fault that is found is a warranty issue.

It sounds like VW have already determined that there is a wiring fault (open circuit means a broken wire) on one of the ABS sensors - so changing the sensor may make no difference.

Also double check if it's just a case that investigation on it's own isn't covered, but that it would be if the fault that is found is a warranty issue.
Yeah vw have said open wiring fault but the road side recovery and my Carista says wheel speed sensor so I dunno if they’re just trying to avoid a warranty claim. Wonder if my local garage could investigate for £40 an hour and then claim through the warranty if it’s a sensor.

Well a code reader can't tell you more than the fault code logged - and the most an ECU can tell you is that a circuit is either open circuit or shorted - so the two things aren't at odds with each other, if there is a wiring fault then yes there will be a code logged against the item the wire goes to.

However if the VW garage specifically said it was a fault behind the rear cluster then they must have some idea where it is - because that's not where you would change a wheel speed sensor.

Do you have the fault details from Carista?

By all means have the sensor changed - they live in a harsh environment and it's worth a shot - just be prepared for the fault still being there if there is an issue along the wire. The diagrams in the VIP section may help you trace the wires if that's something you want to do.

Back