engine won't start

SiBuck

Hi, I have a 2017 T6 converted camper. I have decommissioned the dashcam but since then the engine won't start (no power at all!). I have back tracked and everything appears to be where it should be. Could my immobiliser have stopped the engine? Thanks in advance.

whats not working?

do you have dash lights?

does ign work?

lights work?

radio work?

couple of pics will help.

Infotainment works
Dash display just shows door open
No ignition working

Pics are on the way

Thanks

take a pic of the lower dash fuse box . .

how was the previous dashcam powered?

fuse buddy?

i think you have a fuse blown or in wrong socket.

The dashcam was hardwired with piggy back into fuse. I have checked the fuses & all seems OK.
If can't see with photo I'll try and get a better one.

IMG_20210407_115038.jpg

Yes, in the piggy back there was a 30amp & 2 amp fuse, I'm 99% the 30 went in the slot, I haven't put the 2 amp in as I think this was for the dashcam.

I have tried the fuse in one other potential slot (it still doesn't work) but then the infotainment system doesnt work.

Where are you based? Maybe someone local could come take a look for you?

for reference . . this is my SC fusebox. MY18 204 DSG PV

1617798566858.png

Thanks for all the positive feedback. So have had a sparky out, the 7.5 fuse in centre just above the 2 10 amps had blown. He fixed & the van started, sounds great but then it blown again. There is a short from the rear view mirror (it started smoking) so not fixed as keeps popping!

thats odd . . . has the RVM been damaged when taking out the Dashcam?

you can disconnect the RVM at a loom connector up top to stop the fuse blowing.

The RVM was removed & hung to get all the adhesive off where the mount was. All looked OK but didn't take much attention to it. The sparky was puzzled so had to leave it. I'm getting it recovered to VW van centre in the morning, me thinks it's gonna be an expensive job!

Back