Engine light came on while ..

Does anyone know where to buy VCDS in the UK? is there an official distributor?

Thanks

oh sorry one more question, is Carista as good a VCDS or ODBEleven, but just cheaper? or does Carista provide the least amount of functions, then OBDEleven, then VCDS?

Thanks

oh sorry one more question, is Carista as good a VCDS or ODBEleven, but just cheaper? or does Carista provide the least amount of functions, then OBDEleven, then VCDS?

Thanks
Carista is fine for reading and setting options from a menu, but the data is more generic. VCDS has the manufacturer specific codes and can do more detailed diagnostics and programming etc.

oooff Carista wants 46.99 for 1 year.. think i would prefer to buy something that will pay for its self over time.. VCDS i think will be next

Just plugged in Carista, no faults found so i guess one would expect to see fault codes if they were to appear after an hour drive.

Thanks Guys

Done 3000 miles in my van over the past few weeks. EML just popped on now, 65mph on cruise on the M3.. did 250 miles this morning no problem, heading home now. Full tank of diesel and 4500 left on Adblue.

You need to get the codes read to see what the cause was, without that there could be a hundred things that have lit it up, though my guess is it's going to be something to do with the SCR system if it did it while on cruise.

You need to get the codes read to see what the cause was, without that there could be a hundred things that have lit it up, though my guess is it's going to be something to do with the SCR system if it did it while on cruise.

Thanks, will get them read tomorrow.. still got another few hours till I get home. Driving fine.

P20EE00, which appears a lot in searches on here. With the light on, I'd say MPG dropped a fair bit as well. I'm due to drive back to London next week.

All of my journeys are in excess of 250 miles sat at motorway/dual carrageway speeds.

Back