Numerous dash warning lights and electrical malfuntions!

Southcoastlad

As a new member,please take it easy on me! I own a 2019 4 motion DSG 199ps highline.(42000miles) Fantastic van, love it...until.... just under a month ago after a short journey,the dash lit up like a Xmas tree with numerous warning lights. I mananged to pull up at home ,as i was luckily not far from it. Switched the ign off and then restarted. The lights went off . Puzzled i contacted VW assistance (luckily i'd extended my warranty). After 2 yellow vans (AA) had attended,without any success at fault finding, a Silver van (VW ) turned up a day later! After disconnecting battery,fully discharging sytem and clearing numerous codes,all was well. I think the term used was use it and see how you get on. Less than a month later,approx 250 miles ...whilst driving,suddenly numerous warning lights came on and the van 'cut out'! No power steering and a busy A road ,makes the heart rate increase quite a bit! . Eventually recovered to main dealer. Luckily faults still occurring,and communication problems with vehicle diagnostics are current. Early diagnosis...wiring problem.....Anyone had similar occurances?

tricky with out for tech info. . .

so gut feeling is:

electrical issue,

main power feed corroded terminals?

engine main ground cable?

CAN BUS damaged wire ECM to BCM

corrosion in fuse box.

Back