EGR Delete

You don’t need to do anything with the cooling, just make sure the blanking plates go direct to the cooler if possible then if there is a coolant leak into the EGR plus a split pipe you won’t loose coolant.
Thank you. Makes perfect sense and yes I was being stupid

A little update on this, and I'm as confused as ever
Apparently there is no egr delete kit available for my EGR which is the same part as used on the T6.1 and crafter.
Does anyone know any different?
Below is my reply from darkside developments.............

You have EGR part number 04L131512CF, which we don't list a delete for and we have not developed a cooler delete yet.

We do have the DPF delete, which you will also need when the EGR is deleted.
DPF & CAT Delete Downpipe Kit for VW Crafter SY/SZ 2017+ Models -
DPF & CAT Delete Downpipe Kit for VW Crafter SY/SZ 2017+ Models

These will then need mapping out.

Thanks,
Tony

Does anyone have measurements handy for the blocking plates they could send me? Got some spare time and found some ally sheet at work but don't have my van with me. TIA

Does anyone have measurements handy for the blocking plates they could send me? Got some spare time and found some ally sheet at work but don't have my van with me. TIA
Don’t use aluminium the exhaust gases are corrosive. Better to use stainless steel.
They are about £5 - £6 on Ebay delivered.

I am looking into an EGR delete on my 2016 180 engine. Hopefully before it goes bad as we will be keeping the van for a long time.
For those that have had it done has the DPF been fine after getting the EGR mapped out?

It occurs to me that after blanking the EGR pipes and running it like that for a few years it would be really stupid to then unblank the EGR again as the cooler will probably be a corroded mess inside!
If it wasn't for MOT appearances I would probably look at removing the assembly but that's likely to be noticed in the future.

I am looking into an EGR delete on my 2016 180 engine. Hopefully before it goes bad as we will be keeping the van for a long time.
For those that have had it done has the DPF been fine after getting the EGR mapped out?

It occurs to me that after blanking the EGR pipes and running it like that for a few years it would be really stupid to then unblank the EGR again as the cooler will probably be a corroded mess inside!
If it wasn't for MOT appearances I would probably look at removing the assembly but that's likely to be noticed in the future.
I blanked my egr and fitted a Tafmet on my 180 cfca, done about 10k mile with it no issues with DPF.

I blanked my egr and fitted a Tafmet on my 180 cfca, done about 10k mile with it no issues with DPF.
Assume you mean the Tafmet emulator box that fits in the loom? That could be a good option for me as I live nowhere near a good remap place as far as I know.
Did you order from the Tafmet website? Guessing there is no UK supplier.

Assume you mean the Tafmet emulator box that fits in the loom? That could be a good option for me as I live nowhere near a good remap place as far as I know.
Did you order from the Tafmet website? Guessing there is no UK supplier.
Yes and I ordered mine direct from the website and fitted the blanks myself. Bit fiddly fitting blanks but nothing complex

Fitted the Tafmet Emulator today, all working fine.
Installation was a right PITA because the shims and gaskets supplied by Tafmet are quite thick, probably about 2.5mm or 3mm thick together.
This made it almost impossible to get the blank in on the harder valve side without removing the pipe entirely. Lost bolts, lots of swearing and an assortment of T30 tools.
Finally 'adjusted' the pipe at the bellows with a pair of swan neck pump pliers to make it shorter and got it done. The thin shims from eBay with slotted bolt holes would have been a lot easier IMHO. (I'm retired now but was a licensed aircraft engineer so am pretty handy with a spanner and hidden bolts) So this gets an 8/10 on the forum difficulty scale. Will spend a little time disguising the box and extra loom with some loom tape and VW style loom conduit.
Tafmet order direct on the website was painless £148 delivered using UPS.

Slacken both ends and it’s much easier, one screw is a PITA but with a flexible extension is OK.

Reactions: JDC
If i got the EGR and Adblue deleted out with code would i just leave the Adblue that is left in the tank and system in place or get it all flushed through so as not to end up with a wrecked system with crystallised and dried out Adblue ?
That Van would now be classed as illegal to use on the UK public roads, as the emissions control device has been tampered with.

That's for track use only.

How comes you had it deleted?

Has anyone blanked off a known damaged/defective EGR? Will it introduce debris into the coolant system?

Has anyone blanked off a known damaged/defective EGR? Will it introduce debris into the coolant system?
If its blanked off it physically can't then let debris into the air path but if its already been doing that some damage may be done.
excessive oil consumption is one of the signs.

Hi, I am looking to purchase 2 EGR blanks for my T6 with a CXFA engine. Has anyone installed the plate type in the below link or have a link to recommended ones? The seller has been unable to confirm these will fit.

T6 EGR blank plates

Ok so I’ve had dpf issues and had to get it cleaned out earlier this year, have had some oil misting issues from a turbo down into the dpf which mixed with the carbon supposedly lead to the issue (says the guy who cleaned the dpf out) I’ve since been reading about the benefits of blanking the EGR and coding it out to avoid the EGR cooler issues developing in the future, but also read you ideally should delete the dpf also but leave it physically in place for Mot purposes but knock out the insides of it!

Do you need to delete and code out both to ensure you don’t develop any of the EGR issues. I’ve had my Euro 6 t6 204 shuttle 6 years, it’s only done 49k miles and ideally would like to keep it another 3 years at least, but want to ensure I don’t have any of these known issues develop in the future.

Are there any considerations, apart from the potential fines if the dpf is deleted? Will emissions still pass an MoT etc?

I have a 204, 2016, 125k miles.
The dpf became clogged, and I had it cleaned. That didn`t work, and I had the same issue around a 1000 miles later.
I then had the dpf opened up and the inside removed, reweled & refitted. Both turbos rebuilt, egr blanked and coded out & the same for the adblue.
Its just passed an mot, with no issues.
It does, however, have a slightly different exhaust note, which they tell me is the pressure difference, now the dpf is not there.

Back