EGR Delete

I should state to my defense I'm no expert and only have experience in electrical engineering. So diesel engine optimization and know how is not my baby's. I'm not sure what intention the change of belt and pump change would achieve with a egr either, as I said previously I'm a novice on diesel. But I learned after reading the articles here and other forms I'm in process thinking that anyone with out a idea is getting fleeced. Possibly it's a money racket or dealership issue. I've no idea.
Finally it was offered to me by small garage to blank for 200 euro or exchange the unit. I did the later. It will be interesting to see what others think and if the engine light of doom reappears.
If I understand correctly you exchanged the complete EGR unit for a refurbished unit.
If it has been cleaned correctly and all seals and electrics are good you should get similar service life to the original. The EGR is going to block on all T6, it’s an unavoidable fact, how soon is the only variable.

To clarify my van is a T5.1 and I exchanged all with a new EGR, At 80k.
I shall be taking apart the old one and investigating and taking photos of its guts in a few weeks.

Selling two items and open to offers for either.

EGR REAR FLEXI PART NUMBER 04L 131 521 BF

EGR FRONT FLEXI PART NUMBER
04L 131 521 BH

Small flex is brand new, never fitted as I ordered the wrong part number and seller wants 50% return fee!

Large flex same as above but I did install and run the engine for 5 minutes before realising the leak was due to the wrong part I had installed... Doh so does have a little carbon deposited.

Message me with an offer if interested, I have also advertised on fleebay for 7 days, cheers
Don’t need one, mine is deleted

The EGR is a Bad idea in the first place, another way VW can steal our money.
I do agree and ran an a4 with dpf and erg deleted previously with fantastic results/performance/reliability. Out of curiosity if i fitted the blanking plates from darkside can i code out the erg light with odb11 or a thread anywhere I can read up pls?

I do agree and ran an a4 with dpf and erg deleted previously with fantastic results/performance/reliability. Out of curiosity if i fitted the blanking plates from darkside can i code out the erg light with odb11 or a thread anywhere I can read up pls?
Do you get more power ditching both of those bits? I have been wondering for when mine pack up!

@Dav-Tec can guide you in this @Pembo

You need a remap to turn the egr off matey. Nothing can be coded out. Wish it was that simple.

Do you get more power ditching both of those bits? I have been wondering when mine pack up!
Not necessarily more power as such. Removing the DPF the turbo will spool faster as there's less pressure/resistance in the exhaust system allowing the turbo to accelerate quicker so throttle response is improved. By deleting the EGR you're not putting dirty, sticky and oily airback into the intake system so the air going into the engine is cleaner so there for burns better so makes a little more power but nothing you'd notice. However, removing these 2 items greatly improves mpg. They're only there to keep green peace happy anyway. @Texxaco can vouch for the mpg

Yup I can vouch for this as I now on average get 45 miles per tank. Would most likely get more if I didn’t press the fun pedal down so hard.

Yup I can vouch for this as I now on average get 45 miles per tank. Would most likely get more if I didn’t press the fun pedal down so hard.
45 miles per tank !! thats approx 2.89 miles per gallon !! :eek: I presume you meant 450?

Lol no that’s the number of extra miles I get per tank with me not driving like Miss Daisy.

You need a remap to turn the egr off matey. Nothing can be coded out. Wish it was that simple.
OK cheers mate, have a pendle remap already so guessing I need to give them a bell to catch up, appreciate the steer.
Any Midlands based mobile tuners recommended? Cheers

WTF give me details of who can sort my map please, I'm doing £100 a week in gold, sorry diesel, it's making me think about doing a bank job and any Martin Lewis tips may keep the balaclava in the bottom draw for a few more months

WTF give me details of who can sort my map please, I'm doing £100 a week in gold, sorry diesel, it's making me think about doing a bank job and any Martin Lewis tips may keep the balaclava in the bottom draw for a few more months
I did @Texxaco remap. The dealer network we're part of is excellent and the tuner really knows his stuff. PM me if you want details mate we're not mobile but also closer to you than Pendle

I totally agree that these EGR failures are unacceptable.... in my personal experience a safety issue too, so I’m not a fan!
I was driving on the M5 in Bristol as previously mentioned, coming towards the bridge where there are four lanes.... I accelerated from the third to the fourth lane to overtake and had a sudden loss of power and basically into limp mode. How we weren’t rear ended by a HGV or coach or car trying to get back over to the ‘slow’ lane I’ll never know!
There was me and my other half, two dogs in the boot and luggage for a week’s holiday in Cornwall. A scary experience!
)L)

I did @Texxaco remap. The dealer network we're part of is excellent and the tuner really knows his stuff. PM me if you want details mate we're not mobile but also closer to you than Pendle
Interesting read this thread !
What do you charge for a 150 dsg remap with the egr removal?

Back