EGR cleaned but still having issues.

hi yes i had VW ASSIT out twice before my kombi went in for full EGR FLUSH also had new battery fitted as MOLL BATTERIES are faulty ???
so check your battery ok
i was not happy at EGR DPF FAULTS at 15,000 miles only then at 19,000 miles both rear shocks on my kombi van bust with leaks
its a T32so heavy duty chassis and supposed suspension ??? but inm disabled and the heatist item is our shopping and my wheel chair
so VW say there not covered by warranty even at 15 month old from new and 19,000 miles
im prit pissed with VW i love the kombi but feel like i need too let it go i cant do with a new motor falling too bits in less then 2 years or so it feels like it to me
its like VW dont give a f--- about you after the check clears sorry too sound like this
i love the van and I've saved like a beast to buy it but feel like I've wasted my money so it will be hard to let go
but i cant do wit the unknown isue off CARBON EGR ISSUES if
this is what kicks my balls is that if i had been told at point of sale drive it like a idiot so it wont soot up and dont do less ten 30 miles in a single drive
or you will have issues then i would have got petrol ???
i sure hope i havent put you off but im very dissaponted 2 ear fills new battery and now 2 rear shocks at 19,000 miles from new and 15 month old ???

thanks for your time to hear my despair royboy xxx

Hi many thanks for reading my moNs and groans I love my t32 black kombi
It’s everything I’ve wanted but these faults are jacking me right off
And the rear shocks failed at 19.000 miles
If MONROE shocks fail so easy then there not fit for job
Shocks should easy last 50.000 with private use with no load in van
So standard shocks have 2 years or 50-80.000 miles so why won’t VW HONER the warranty.?
Many thanks for your message hope your van serves you well
Funny I still love mine even with faults I must be fully dubbed in the VW syndrome lol
Thanks Royboy

Have literally just posted about the same issue. Picked my van up today after an ‘egr flush’. The dealer reported they’d done loads. Common fault on T6s apparantly

I have T6 and Coolant System is Faulty. Everyday Level went down and lights comes on dashboard. every next day when I started the engine and then when I open Coolant Bottle Cap then Level comes up. Dealers couldn’t find the fault i don’t know what should I do ?

I have T6 and Coolant System is Faulty. Everyday Level went down and lights comes on dashboard. every next day when I started the engine and then when I open Coolant Bottle Cap then Level comes up. Dealers couldn’t find the fault i don’t know what should I do ?
What engine exactly?

The cooling system needs to be manualy pressure tested on cold/hot engine.

That will show you where leak is.

Possibly via EGR cooler and ingested into engine when running.

Thank You for reply me quick.

The Engine is
Shuttle SE LWB EU6 150 PS 2.0 TDI BMT 6sp Manual. Dealer was tried everything also they replaced some new parts then after same problem. Couldn’t find the Fault after 20 days.

can you show us some pics?

so if you fill the system to the full mark on the expansion tank . . . . . how long/miles till it shows low/empty?

what you got any white smoke out the exhaust when the engines warm?

have you got all the airlocks out the system?

Forgot about how many miles. If I keep car Two Days Continues at any place so Tank went almost empty and doesn’t Comes level on the top when I open the Cap. But when engine become hot so level is comes on the top little bit when I open the cap.Dealer said there no licking found also all pressure checked.

Replaced Which showing in the Picture

9DDD4754-EBD4-4745-B3CF-1C5379C0443E.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi guys and gals of the VW World well today I feel like a cursed man with a van
This T6 of mine just threw another sick note in this morning,,,,,,
My beloved but seams cursed
T6 kombi Transporter has that god dam EGR LIGHT ON AGAIN ,,,,
3rd time this year since April this is less then 3-4 months running
Same code P0401
since 14,000 miles was 1st outbreak then 15,500 miles now at 21,871 miles this is ridiculous
VW Assistance coming out today before 5pm
So guess it’s headed too sheffield’s Van center Again.???
I’m getting fed up with this thing you’ve read my posts
and I thank you all for your support and encouragement
Not too do owt stupid like crush it I guess there are many folk
Same boat as me T6s in sick bays all over England shame
So in the 17 months of owning this nightmare
It’s had 3 egr flushes 1 new battery and 2 rear shocks ohh bugger
I can’t take it any more I used too remember British Leyland cars in the 70s
Having big issues I guess it’s VWs new legacy fail fail fail do nothing
Customers take it up the arse as ever
Getting robbed fair and square is bad enough but too hide behind a global brand is chicken
Come on VW WHERES YA BALLS sort this shit out give us back a vehicle too be proud of owning
Not terrified of owning in case it costs us £1000s to frigging fix
Sorry I apologise if I upset anyone but the rush of blood and anger I feel towards this brand is unreal
Next vehicle is Japanese sorry more reliable less hassle
Xxxx Royboy

Sorry I was that upset I forgot to add photo lol
Just had stiff orange juice too calm down
Thank you vw friends for your support and time have a super week ok
Xx Royboy

upload_2019-7-29_15-52-32.jpeg

Good luck @roy.boy1, my van has had three flushes in the last 10 months. Total waste of time, I’ve logged a complaint with VW customer care and all they could advise me to do was to take it to a different dealer when it happens again, which is over 100 miles away. If the problem keeps persisting and VW keep making the cheapest possibly warranty fix then this will be my last Transporter.

Roy out of interest what diesel do you use?
Hi I use only COSTCO DIESEL as it’s best grade I never use supermarket fuels
So I can’t understand if I’m using best grad fuel it’s getting good runs
why it’s shitting up so fast so bad .??
I’m realy pissed off with it and I’m going to get shut I’ve had enough
I too am trying different vw van center tomorrow
Going into brand new dealership in leeds
Vw assist says that sheffield is owned by JCT600 groups
And they use it as a cash cow and the leeds and Hecmondwyke dealership is owned by 1 guy
So he’s out too make happy customers for repeat business
So I will post how it turns out guys ok thanks for sticking with me
I’m new to this forum stuff but find I need too express my anger and frustration
Many thanks roll on tomorrow let get sorted
Xx Royboy

Good luck @roy.boy1, my van has had three flushes in the last 10 months. Total waste of time, I’ve logged a complaint with VW customer care and all they could advise me to do was to take it to a different dealer when it happens again, which is over 100 miles away. If the problem keeps persisting and VW keep making the cheapest possibly warranty fix then this will be my last Transporter.
Hi yes your right it’s a waste of time I’ve just posted that sheffield van center is owned by JCT600
So they use it as a cash cow
But VW ASSISTANCE has said try VW LEEDS it’s owned buy 1 guy so he’s more customers friendly he wants you to be happy and come back so 3 times I’ve been too sheffield and I’m still not happy they won’t even replace rear shocks leaking at only 19.000 miles from new .??
So this is 3rd time tomorrow vans been in and in 17 months it’s had new battery 2 knackered rear shocks 3 egr jobs
And VW UK ARE ARSEHOLES they don’t give a toss
They have your hard earn cash and ignore there warranty obligations
I will never buy VW AGAIN I’ve saved for years for this van and I’m pissed off
So by end of this year it will be sold I guess
Been disabled I can’t have a shit motor failure every few months
Thanks for reply I’m very interested in hearing how many folk have T6s
That are as shit as mine
All the best keep in touch thanks Royboy xx

Hi @roy.boy1 I’ve recently had the same light on and was told by the AA man it was an EGR fault. I took mine into the Leeds branch they’ve changed the No4 glow plug, changed 2 boost pipes and never even mentioned the EGR, so hopefully they’ll be a bit more thorough than the Sheffield branch. Fingers crossed you’ll get it sorted.

Hi many thanks for update onleeds dealerships yeah looking forward to seeing if
Leeds are more thoughtful and thorough in sorting issues will let you all know when I’m done arguing with service department lol hope I can keep calm and leeds are the new light on a dark issue
Many thanks for joining. In xxx Royboy

Hi I use only COSTCO DIESEL as it’s best grade I never use supermarket fuels
So I can’t understand if I’m using best grad fuel it’s getting good runs
why it’s shitting up so fast so bad .??
I’m realy pissed off with it and I’m going to get shut I’ve had enough
I too am trying different vw van center tomorrow
Going into brand new dealership in leeds
Vw assist says that sheffield is owned by JCT600 groups
And they use it as a cash cow and the leeds and Hecmondwyke dealership is owned by 1 guy
So he’s out too make happy customers for repeat business
So I will post how it turns out guys ok thanks for sticking with me
I’m new to this forum stuff but find I need too express my anger and frustration
Many thanks roll on tomorrow let get sorted
Xx Royboy
Interesting! A Costco just opened last week near me so tried the diesel out for the first time ever, van did the biggest regen it's ever done, lasted 3 days of motorway miles and did nearly a third of a tank in 100 miles? Total range predicted was 450, on shell I'm getting at least 550, on a run 650. Never touching it again once it's gone!

Before you throw the towel in might be worth trying some different fuel, I'm not convinced, I know it's not exactly scientific that I noticed a big difference and yours has been awful but its got to be worth a bash? Get some shell in and see how it runs!?

Fingers crossed for you :thumbsup:

Back