ECU remaps etc.

z1ts

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I have a Kombi T32 204ps 2.0 TDI DSG 4Motion on order, delivery about Sept 2022 (apparently...)

Just beginning to fiddle around and plan on how to spend money rapidly modify it in various ways upon its arrival, and have enquired of a few tuning companies about an ECU remap.

One company has warned me that your vehicle could be fitted with the latest generation of Tune Protected ECU's that VW Audi Group have brought out

Firstly does this mean that it is totally 'untouchable' or merely more work involved to do so? Secondly has anyone else come across this before and is it something I need to be overly concerned about (a search of the forums turned up nothing...!)

Feels a bit Tesla-ish like VW are stopping us 'fiddle' with our vehicles...

@BognorMotors might be able to comment as they are well acquainted with what's possible.

VW are on a bit of a crusade to stop modifications to anything that might be emissions related.

Ah yes Bognor Motors - I think I've shamelessly stolen a pic of one of their vans to use as my Avatar until my Ascot Grey machine arrives....!!!!

I think it’s probably around emissions regs- I wouldn’t be surprised if checking for remaps becomes part of the mot. Also. It’s all ready a 204- how much more power do you need in a van??

It’s all ready a 204- how much more power do you need in a van??
Coming from a 400hp Skoda Superb a tad more than 204!!!!!

No in reality it's more about economy, a little extra grunt as I haul trailers a lot and then a possibility of (dare I say it) an AdBlue delete, which is where VW are aiming their tactics for non-mods I assume.

Hi just jumping on this if that's OK, I have a 2021 110hp 5 speed and it doesn't appear on either revo or pendles options. Does anyone know if there is a remap option available? Thanks in advance

I have a Kombi T32 204ps 2.0 TDI DSG 4Motion on order, delivery about Sept 2022 (apparently...)

Just beginning to fiddle around and plan on how to spend money rapidly modify it in various ways upon its arrival, and have enquired of a few tuning companies about an ECU remap.

One company has warned me that your vehicle could be fitted with the latest generation of Tune Protected ECU's that VW Audi Group have brought out

Firstly does this mean that it is totally 'untouchable' or merely more work involved to do so? Secondly has anyone else come across this before and is it something I need to be overly concerned about (a search of the forums turned up nothing...!)

Feels a bit Tesla-ish like VW are stopping us 'fiddle' with our vehicles...
Hi Mate, just to let you know I’m very interested on this item. I’ve ordered exactly the same specs and colour on my new van ( long wheels though) as you have. Estimated delivery end of ‘22 ( Gold Coast Australia). The only difference is, that I won’t get the Bleu Motion Tech and I’m really happy about it, as there’s a shortage of Ad Bleu here and don’t like the start/stop anyway.
Driven a few 911’s in the past and like the extra grunt whenever i feel like. I won’t be racing it, but just that little extra is always nice

Back