Eberspächer Airtronic S2 - cold and warm air at same time?

ThurmanJazz

Hi all

I have recently purchased my first T6 which has an Eberspächer Airtronic S2 diesel heating system installed. There is a vent in the driver’s front cab and another in the rear.

When setting the system to blow hot air, the rear vent blows hot as expected, however, the front vent blows cold.

The dealership have taken the van for an inspection and advised that this is normal as they say the system sucks air from the front vent to use within the heater system, but the front vent is very clearly blowing cold air, not sucking in?

Has anyone else experienced this and is this normal? I’m not convinced and am trying to decipher from various online guides for Eberspächer.

Thanks in advance

Have you tried a smoke test as it can feel as though it is blowing and not sucking especially when running at full pelt. There is quite a volume of air moving then so it is easy to feel that it is blowing. There is no way that it can be configured to blow hot and cold air at the same time.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, appreciate it and all sorted now. Turns out it was sucking air into the system so all normal operafion.

Back