Sold 2017 LWB Highline 150 Camper Conversion FOR SALE, hilo roof, 30,000 miles 6 travelling seats. £42,500

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobW

Sadly for sale our LWB Highline Camper. Selling due to lack of use and need for 'utility' vehicle (i.e. this is too good for work)!

2017 Highline, front/rear parking sensors, reversing camera, air con, full EVO camper conversion, twin sliding doors, 2 x captains seats, rear Titan mid-fold bed, HiLo roof, Eberspacher heater with programmable controller, split charge, top loading fridge, smev hob/sink, sat-nav, apple car-play / android auto. Manual, 30k miles. Full VW service history (at 11,000 and 22,000 miles, will sell with fresh service as one due soon (based on 12 months rather than mileage). MOT to Jan 2022. Great condition, never been a problem. Cruise control, 6 speed manual gearbox, emergency brake assist / city safety radar thing. On original tyres and at least 2 could do with replacing ASAP; this is reflected in price.

Has floor brackets and comes with two single (middle row) seats, these fit nicely between front seats and rear (mid fold) bed, giving six comfortable seats and a good boot space.

We purchased the vehicle (in 2018) as a Kombi direct from dealer in Peterborough, it was their demo van and had 4k miles.

I then took it to Vehicle Installations in Diss, Norfolk for fitting Hilo roof, carpet lining, leisure battery, wiring, and CTEK charger (includes solar input and wiring to panel, but no panel is fitted. Wiring terminates in rear speaker console ready to go). They also installed Westfalia removable tow bar and original VW reversing camera, and wiring to under-seat sub-woofer.

In 2019 the conversion was completed by Blue Sky campers near Newmarket; this included installation of full Evo furniture, electronic control panel, water tanks, butane system and gas locker / drop out vents (with full safety inspection by Corgi registered engineer), LPG alarm, Carbon Monoxide alarm, Eberspacher diesel heater (Airtronic D2, with programmable controller allowing 7 day programming or manual operation. Also serves as fresh air ventilation to rear area). Rear 6x9 speakers were added, and the usual shelf and cubby lighting (remote control / multi colour).

Plan was to do a few tours, Scotland / France etc., in reality, due to Covid etc., we have barely left Norfolk. On the few occasions when we did camp in the van, we found it difficult with two young children in poor weather, and so having 'tried the dream' we'll now move on (probably to a tent or air b&b)!. Probably this is the perfect van for a couple or those who wish to use as occasional people carrier!

If we were to keep the van we would consider a roof wrap (perhaps carbon effect) and black wheels (always fancied black alloys and BFG All-terrains). Also we never did get round to recovering the driver/passenger seat. Titan beds offered to do this to match the rear bed for £750, or obviously there are off-the-shelf options. Martin at Bluesky quoted £300 for solar panel, to connect into existing wiring.

Happy to chat, I'm in Diss, Norfolk. 07421 880186.

Photos to follow...

IMG_4592.JPEG

IMG_4594.JPEG

IMG_4622.JPEG

IMG_4604.JPEG

IMG_4585.JPEG

IMG_4579.JPEG

IMG_4612.JPEG

IMG_4659.JPEG

IMG_20210403_153424.jpg

IMG_20210403_153540.jpg

IMG_20210403_154354.jpg

IMG_20210404_090457.jpg

I forgot to mention - Hilo roof has full panoramic (removable) canvas. Also (as can be seen from the pics) a genuine VW bike rack. In starlight blue metallic.
The black wire that can be seen on the floor in some pics is to a CB radio aerial (I will remove - it's clipped on, there won't be any marks). I just had the radio in garage and felt like giving it a go for a few months!
IMG_20210403_154759.jpgIMG_20210403_153232.jpgIMG_20210403_154903.jpg
Oh and the Titan bed was installed by Titan themselves in Shrewsbury. A great bunch and would recommend! It reclines for travel / day use and also has a tilt-able head section when made up as a bed. Useful for watching films etc, and also for storage.

IMG_20210403_155815.jpgIMG_20210403_154724.jpgIMG_20210403_154738.jpgIMG_4653.JPEGIMG_20210403_154840.jpg

IMG_4637.JPEGIMG_4638.JPEGIMG_4643.JPEGIMG_4632.JPEG

Last edited:
Lovely van, and really nicely configured. This is exactly what I was looking for six months ago.

I couldn’t find a van that would seat six, so have gone down the route of buying a panel van and having it converted.

In the end, it will cost me more than what you’re asking, and my van has far higher miles!

Anyhow, nice van at a good price. Should be great for someone .

(Interested to hear why it didn’t work for your family. I’m doing the same… travelling with two young kids.)

Lovely van, and really nicely configured. This is exactly what I was looking for six months ago.

I couldn’t find a van that would seat six, so have gone down the route of buying a panel van and having it converted.

In the end, it will cost me more than what you’re asking, and my van has far higher miles!

Anyhow, nice van at a good price. Should be great for someone .

(Interested to hear why it didn’t work for your family. I’m doing the same… travelling with two young kids.)
Thanks @RunDSG - the van itself is great but we found once the kids are asleep in evening (about 8pm), we were trapped in / close to the van and it wasn't possible to go to pub / bike ride / whatever, or make too much noise, so a little bit limiting. Would have been great if we'd been with another family and someone could stay back to look after kids but we didn't have that luxury... The travelling bit was fine, the kids love the van and ability to watch films on iPad, or play music via bluetooth etc. I'm sure you will enjoy using yours. We had some great times too! But ideally it works best if you go somewhere warm/dry and you won't need all the paraphernalia (coats, boots, umbrellas, spare clothes, towels) etc.!!

The final pic there shows the benefit of LWB, i.e. plenty of space in front of bed once it's made up for sleeping...

And if you really want to, the bed can stay down with the middle row seats in place.

Last edited:
Hi, lovely van and local.. Ish to me, always a bonus. I may have missed the price. What are you asking?
Thanks Alan.

Hi, lovely van and local.. Ish to me, always a bonus. I may have missed the price. What are you asking?
Thanks Alan.
Thanks Alan - you haven't missed the price as I removed it from the title when it became apparent to me that I'd mis-judged (sorry).
Having reviewed what else is out there I think £42,500 is about right and will probably put on Autotrader / Ebay for a similar figure.

It's probably not that relevant but I have receipts etc. for well over £50k and (I think) there's still 5 year warranty on the roof..

I'm intrigued by the mattress you have in your HiLo? Seems to be a perfect fit... where do you store it when the roof is down?

I'm intrigued by the mattress you have in your HiLo? Seems to be a perfect fit... where do you store it when the roof is down?
It's an ebay special, folds into 4 sections held together in a bundle by velcro straps. Serves as a handy seat / foot rest when needed; usually sits on rear shelf behind the bed/seat but will also tuck under the bed. Was 120cm wide, I trimmed to 110 to fit better. I think it's 75mm foam so approx 30 cm high when folded.

Other than this site, can anyone recommend a good place to advertise? Not sure if ebay or gumtree would be the first port of call for most people?? Thanks

the van itself is great but we found once the kids are asleep in evening (about 8pm), we were trapped in / close to the van and it wasn't possible to go to pub / bike ride / whatever, or make too much noise, so a little bit limiting.
Surely this is true of any holiday with children, whether you go in a camper, hotel, cottage or whatever??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back