Dummy OBD Port

N58amx

Carpeter
T6 Guru
as above ,
Paranoia setting in so looking at buying one of these off ebay.
Only ones i can see are from lithuiania?
Anyone think these are worth it for about fifteen quid
Cheers nick

Not Paranoia fella !
If it is I've got it too !!!

Just had a Gost fitted

But thinking about an OBD lock as well.
Or move the port altogether !

Trying to layer security as folk advise

I bought an obd socket from VW, it’s just the front purple part of the socket with no wires attached, IIRC it was less than the price you mention

I bought an obd socket from VW, it’s just the front purple part of the socket with no wires attached, IIRC it was less than the price you mention
Thanks for that.
The one on ebay apparently plugs in to og , and also powers so called thiefs tools?
I.e
Fools them into thinking its real

I have considered this but the ODB port is mounted in the BCU carrier and not easy to move out of the way.
I think an easier solution is to fit a switch to the 12v feed wire on the socket.

If I was a thief Loz I'd power the tool from its own internal battery and just connect common ground and bus, and not the 12v feed... avoiding your switch and any current-sense alarm...

If I was a thief Loz I'd power the tool from its own internal battery and just connect common ground and bus, and not the 12v feed... avoiding your switch and any current-sense alarm...
But not knowing it was like that would mean they’re not prepared for it.

What I meant was, the tool would be self-powered regardless. Drawing current from the OBDII 12v line could trigger an alarm, so I wouldn't risk it :thumbsup:

Like the dummy idea, I’ve already moved the Port so a dummy one is differently going to slow a thief up.

Like the dummy idea, I’ve already moved the Port so a dummy one is differently going to slow a thief up.

Good morning all,

I have been thinking of installing this OBD dummy harness but I am not sure if this affects the warranty of our vehicles. What do you think?

I have seen a few other options like this OBD saver but it is way more expensive:
Transporter -

Thanks!

Back