OBD Lock

kombisnaps

T6.1 Kombi
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone can recommend an OBD port lock at all for the 6.1
Had a look through forum and seen some chat / on the security thread, but no links to a good quality one / one that people are using.

Want to avoid amazon specials and the like.

Cheers

Rather than a physical lock a common suggestion is to fit a hidden switch in either the power line (bit obvious) or a canbus line (less obvious).

You are a VIP so you have access to the wiring diagrams in the download section to find the right lines.

Rather than a physical lock a common suggestion is to fit a hidden switch in either the power line (bit obvious) or a canbus line (less obvious).

You are a VIP so you have access to the wiring diagrams in the download section to find the right lines.
Thanks for the info - will have a looksy

However I am TERRIBLE at wiring / anything electric so will probs stay clear. To be fair I may just sack it off as probably getting a MetaTrak fairly soon.

As an interim step I think there is a dedicated fuse for the OBD, a 10A fuse in position 29 of fusebox SC.

Don't pull 28 which powers the actual interface, that may cause side effects.

But if you are getting a tracker/immobiliser fitted soon might not be worth the hassle for the small amount of gain - if someone knows the van well enough to be attacking the OBD they will know where the standard fuses are...

Yeh fair. Just looking to beef up security a bit, as my area at the moment is manic for theft.

At the mo will make do with a Stoplock and OEM alarm/immobiliser till I can find a good installer near me for tracker :confused:

Back