Dub Dogs, let’s see them :)

It's nice to see all these different breeds as I worry that some time in the not too distant future all there will be left are a few different variations of 'oodles' or 'poos'. They're generally lovely dogs but.....

It's nice to see all these different breeds as I worry that some time in the not too distant future all there will be left are a few different variations of 'oodles' or 'poos'. They're generally lovely dogs but.....
No offence to anyone but in my day they were called mongrels. Just saying.

No offence to anyone but in my day they were called mongrels. Just saying.
Totally agree. I've got three mongrels, I don't see it as offensive. They ain't going to Crufts!
Lots of good working dogs are mongrels but obviously the owners might prefer to think of them as cross breeds.
One man's Rolex doesn't keep time better than another man's Casio!

@Mike23864. I think you misunderstood me. I agree with you about a good old fashioned mongrel but it’s the fad for designer oodles / poos that worries me. They seem to be the only dogs that too many people are interested in nowadays (and are willing to pay the extra big bucks for). As a consequence, the Heinz 57 gets left in the rescue centre unless they are deemed to be particularly cute. A neighbour of ours has both a cockerpoo and a labradoodle - both are nice enough dogs (albeit the latter needs a bit of training) but i suspect that she would be most offended if you called either a mongrel. Personally, my preference would always be a rescue mutt but Brexit and my current lifestyle (or at least my lifestyle as and when we ever get back to some kind of normal) means that a dog of any kind isn't really a practical proposition pro tem.

@Mike23864. I think you misunderstood me. I agree with you about a good old fashioned mongrel but it’s the fad for designer oodles / poos that worries me. They seem to be the only dogs that too many people are interested in nowadays (and are willing to pay the extra big bucks for). As a consequence, the Heinz 57 gets left in the rescue centre unless they are deemed to be particularly cute. A neighbour of ours has both a cockerpoo and a labradoodle - both are nice enough dogs (albeit the latter needs a bit of training) but i suspect that she would be most offended if you called either a mongrel. Personally, my preference would always be a rescue mutt but Brexit and my current lifestyle (or at least my lifestyle as and when we ever get back to some kind of normal) means that a dog of any kind isn't really a practical proposition pro tem.
I completely agree with you. The fad for oodles and poos has created a market that the unscrupulous are able to jump on and breed puppies as a cash cow to the detriment of some of the dogs involved. Whilst people continue to pay it will continue to happen. Myself and my family have had dogs (and cats) of many different varieties over the years and all of them have something in common - they’ve all been loved.

Back