DSG Rolling Forward In Reverse

Just use you left foot to hold the brakes and release them when you feel the van start to move, as you would when using the clutch in a manual, I got used to doing this in a DSG caddy without hill hold and its second nature now in reverse, its not usually an issue unless you're parking in a particularly tight spot right up to another vehicle.
I'm sure I tried that, but if you press the brake the DSG disengages, but the handbrake works.

I'm sure I tried that, but if you press the brake the DSG disengages, but the handbrake works.
It does if you hold the brake for too long, but there's enough overlap to make it a useful little trick when needed. But from what I read on here there does seem to be quite a bit of variation in how each box behaves.

It does if you hold the brake for too long, but there's enough overlap to make it a useful little trick when needed. But from what I read on here there does seem to be quite a bit of variation in how each box behaves.
I think that is the effect of the hill hold release..

My van has done this from new (2016) I either reach for the handbrake or give it some revs but first time it happened it scared the shit out of me I nearly rolled into a parked car

Reactions: Loz
My 2015 Caravelle did this until @BognorMotors did a a Revo and TVS re map on both the engine and 'box' respectively and I have had zero problems since it was done 6 months ago, highly recommended

Back