DSG Gearbox early gear change

sday1210

First time owner of T6. Purchased 2017 Caravelle just before Xmas from a reputable dealership. Very quickly noticed that the gear changes on the auto DSG gearbox were happening very early. 30mph trying to go into D6/D7. When put into Sport mode the issue goes away. The dealership has taken the van back on two occasions so far, but it keeps on coming back with the problem. I'm no mechanic, but in my opinion it does not seem like a mechanical issue and more of an issue from the computer asking for a gear change. The Dealerships latest theory is excessive vibration onthe flywheel

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Believe "DSG droning" (high gear/ low revs) is a common problem. A DSG re-map can help.

Take a look here...

Reactions: Bav
Have you tried a dsg reset? I’m not sure if it works on vans but I have done this on my golf.
Start ignition but don’t turn on engine.
Hold accelerator down for 20-30 seconds.
Let go of pedal and then turn the engine on.

Good point - pretty sure this is valid vans too - causes the box to relearn shift patterns based on your driving style.

Yes @Bav you’re correct and as OP recently bought the vehicle it’ll be worth a punt I reckon… then dsg Remap it :think smile bounce:

Reactions: Bav
Back