DSG remap

As I think I've mentioned before on this thread, my 140bhp is remapped and the DSG doesn't like it. Is there any point in having the gearbox adaptions reset ( as they would come from VW for a 140 van) or should I be looking at a gearbox remap?

I'll give you an opinion on Wednesday evening :) - I also have a 140, and have the Revo map. Been driving in D, S and Manual and for the first time ever with a VAG DSG, I think my manual shifts are the best ! I think VW got the logic wrong with the T6 DSG, it's too lazy and makes some weird decisions on upshifts and downshifts. So getting the DSG map done while my van visits the South Coast (i.e. Bognor)

I'm hoping that the map brings back the drivability that I know a DSG can deliver. Given that they use the DQ500 box of the sport models (inc. the RS3) it should be way better. TVS Engineering list that it addresses:
  • Gear shifts at too low rpm
  • Gear shifts at too high rpm in Sport mode
  • Agressive / unsmooth take-off
  • Clutch vibrations and slip
  • Rattling noises
I'd say this captures my issues, so if it delivers on this I will be happy :thumbsup:

You will be very impressed, IM sure of that. We are doing some many gearbox maps now, even on non tuned vans

You mention RS3 - My stage 2 RS3 has a Stage 2+ TVS map on the box as well - Even my wife has said how much its transformed

I'll give you an opinion on Wednesday evening :) - I also have a 140, and have the Revo map. Been driving in D, S and Manual and for the first time ever with a VAG DSG, I think my manual shifts are the best ! I think VW got the logic wrong with the T6 DSG, it's too lazy and makes some weird decisions on upshifts and downshifts. So getting the DSG map done while my van visits the South Coast (i.e. Bognor)

I'm hoping that the map brings back the drivability that I know a DSG can deliver. Given that they use the DQ500 box of the sport models (inc. the RS3) it should be way better. TVS Engineering list that it addresses:
  • Gear shifts at too low rpm
  • Gear shifts at too high rpm in Sport mode
  • Agressive / unsmooth take-off
  • Clutch vibrations and slip
  • Rattling noises
I'd say this captures my issues, so if it delivers on this I will be happy :thumbsup:
I'm sure you'll let us know Montecha. I haven't even picked up my 204 DSG yet (Tuesday... 4 more sleeps!!:D), but I'm already thinking of getting this done!

Does anyone think the standard VW adaption reset is pointless then? My van is going in for a service soon and it could be done then, or do I save up for the remap? and a long trip to Bognor!

Does anyone think the standard VW adaption reset is pointless then? My van is going in for a service soon and it could be done then, or do I save up for the remap? and a long trip to Bognor!
If it's anything like my E Class Merc, resetting it sharpens it up a bit but it soon slips back into old habits, unless you drive everywhere with your foot firmly planted in the shagpile. I've given up resetting mine and just use the Tiptronic if I want a kick in the back. I was hoping Oli at @BognorMotors could weave some magic on it, but it's VAG only:(

Not at all, it resets it to factory fresh so it can re-learn you style of driving - We do it to every vehicle we re-flash the gearbox anyway

Morning!

All is explained here;

TVS

Launch control can be altered if it has it, I’ve not heard of it being enabled.

Morning!

All is explained here;

TVS

Launch control can be altered if it has it, I’ve not heard of it being enabled.
So, in your opinion, for a 180bhp van If you had to chose one or the other would the DSG remap or an engine remap make most improvement in driving, giving best value for money? TIA

That’s a real tough one TBF. We had a 180 in the other day for both and he was blown away by the end result.
If the gearbox frustrates you then go gearbox first, the changes make a massive difference to how it drives.
You may be happy with the power so this reinforces the above. However on paper the remap doesn’t increase the 180 figures by much but driving it the mid range torque and power are massively improved.
Both are available with a money back guarantee, although we’ve never had to use this.

We have three vans in this week for DSG map, I believe all the owners are on the forum, so there should be more feedback for you to read.

That’s a real tough one TBF. We had a 180 in the other day for both and he was blown away by the end result.
If the gearbox frustrates you then go gearbox first, the changes make a massive difference to how it drives.
You may be happy with the power so this reinforces the above. However on paper the remap doesn’t increase the 180 figures by much but driving it the mid range torque and power are massively improved.
Both are available with a money back guarantee, although we’ve never had to use this.

We have three vans in this week for DSG map, I believe all the owners are on the forum, so there should be more feedback for you to read.
Thanks for the reply. The box doesn’t really frustrate me too much, but it’s my 3rd DSG vehicle so maybe I’ve just adapted to drive round the issues. All I’ve noticed is that occasionally going uphill the box is a bit slow to change down so the engine struggles a bit and also the slight delay setting off from a standstill.

it would be really interesting to drive a combination of vans with the different options back to back. Obviously not available.

Oli, once you’ve had a DSG remap and the van has to go into a garage, VW or independent, is there any chance that the remap could be wiped and reset back to normal, say if the gearbox had a reset or something similar, or is it permanent?

Then I would go gearbox. I had a long standing customer in the other day, with a mapped 204. We mapped his gearbox, 2 miles up the road on his way home, he phoned me to say how much better the van drives in every way.

They’ve improved the box out of the factory on the 6.1 but the differences can still be made and we’ve done 2-3 of these as well already with good results.

Oli, once you’ve had a DSG remap and the van has to go into a garage, VW or independent, is there any chance that the remap could be wiped and reset back to normal, say if the gearbox had a reset or something similar, or is it permanent?

There shouldn't be, it’s more a change of settings. The gearbox reset, we carry out after after flash anyway. If it ever did happen we could always check and Reflash if necessary - we’ve never come across this yet in our time with TVS (we’ve only been on board since February- although I’ve had my car flashed since last year)

Sorry I should have been clear about my point in the post #34. I run a T6.1 with the software, but Therese feel different to the T6 anyway, more refined.
My signwriter, who rents part of my building, has the mapped/TVS 180 above, so I’m sure with prior arrangement I could get this for you to drive.

Do you offer a mobile service @BognorMotors ?

Im in London and your many many miles away, if i was to come down to you I will have to take out an entire trading day for this.
Im sure if it is possible you could book in a few vans in London to do so its worth your time coming up and it covers your cost.

I’m sorry we don’t do mobile. Just doesn’t work for us.
If you got to us for 8am we could have you out the door by 10-11.

Hi, I have a problem with DSG7, I mention that I have a 2.0 TDI carawell, 150kw (204 bhp), 90,000 km.
So the problem is in the vibration at the box between steps 1-2, 2-3. As far as I know, the clutch can be. Have you who owned such cars encountered such problems with the DSG7 box?

Last edited:
Back