DRL off with Indicators

If you want to play with the bits/bytes without fear of messing with the van checkout the VCDS toolbox back at the main menu
There is an option to load a blank/phantom module with all tickboxes enabled, you can tick/untick to examine and compare code without any info going to vehicle (doesnt even need to be connected to van)

Correct, just click on that binary number and edit the 0 to 1

I am sure I have seen it while using it not when looking at the code lists on here, having said that my memory is not great for things like that! When you get chance can you check the tick box isn’t there on yours?
When I edit the binary number do I just close it, take a pic of the old and new then “do it” or do I save the binary first some how?

Make the change, click exit then click do it
It should then pop up and say coding accepted, if you want to double check just go back in afterwards and make sure it’s changed

I copied the code and pasted it into the toolbox thing you told me about. As you said all the tick boxes would be there so ticked bit 7 in byte 23 then copied the code from there and pasted it into the new code box back in the “real world” took a pic and “did it”!
All works as I wanted now. Thanks for your help, @andys @Loz & @Pauly

I am sure I have seen it while using it not when looking at the code lists on here, having said that my memory is not great for things like that! When you get chance can you check the tick box isn’t there on yours?
When I edit the binary number do I just close it, take a pic of the old and new then “do it” or do I save the binary first some how?
Did you actually click on the link in my post to the screen shots I took last week?

Did you actually click on the link in my post to the screen shots I took last week?
Yes @Loz I looked at your screenshots. I have coded it as per your screenshot and all working as I wanted.
When I changed the binary it was changing the code on the top of the LCH but when I closed it there was no new code in the "do it" screen.
Had a play in the toolbox and just copied and pasted the code into the new code box.
All OK now.
What was really confusing I was sure there was a tick box to use as I have been scrolling through VCDS screens!
Andy.

I have a suspicion I'd learn Mandarin Chinese a little easier..

Hats off to you gents. New Age tuning. I'm lost without larger mains in the carb..

If you have LED rear lights you can also configure those to be on as DRLs too. Can’t remember which bit/byte combination it is off hand. It’s “rear lights on with pin 15” iirc

Back