Driving Other Vehicles?

Yzfr1

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all,
I'm about to be a van/T6 owner for the first time in Friday. (Wee bit excited) I've phoned a few insurance companies and getting what I deem to be very competitive prices. However, none of them will offer 3rd party driving of other vehicles. I have had this privilege all my driving life and would rather not loose it. Do any of your insurance companies allow for driving other cars on the policies you have. If so can you post their names here please so I can give them a go.
Many thanks in advance.
Andy

Mine does - Adrian Flux - but I was told that they are all eventually going to remove that option, presumably to maximise profits.

Mine does - Adrian Flux - but I was told that they are all eventually going to remove that option, presumably to maximise profits.
Cheers fella.
Haven't tried them yet.
I'll give them a ring.

Tried Adrian flux and they confirmed that it's a new DVLA stipulation. No commercial vehicle can be insured like a private car and therefore no driving other cars.
Adrian flux don't do it now either.
Booo..

Tried Adrian flux and they confirmed that it's a new DVLA stipulation. No commercial vehicle can be insured like a private car and therefore no driving other cars.
Adrian flux don't do it now either.
Booo..
Another fallout from the reclassification-refusal saga. Balls.

I can with Aviva. Panel van but insured for SDPC use only
When did you take out this policy?
Its a new thing so insurance broker said today. If it has N1 on the logbook then its commercial van regardless of use.
New policies will reflect this.

Just manufacturer fitted ones
I just tried an online quote but have to phone because of to many modifications.
Hopefully they can offer the 3rd party option with mods at a competitive price.

Renewed start of June
You were one of the last people to get the driving other vehicles included.
Just phoned them and they said "we do not offer that service, sorry"
How very annoying

I never have been able to drive other vehicles with 3rd party cover on my commercial van insurance, I can on car insurance though.
Asked my broker this week at renewal, and it's to do with the N1 classification being insured as commercial only.

Back