Drivers T6 door step with vent and Factory light cutout.

Mooeee

VIP Member
Hoping somebody can help, I have been online for what seems like an eternity and cant find or establish what part number I need to order a new offside front drivers step with heater grill and factory light cutout in satin black 9B9 - 82V.

Also need the part number for a new nearside front passenger step with factory light cutout in satin black 9B9 - 82V

I have found part number for step with heater grille but without the light hole from an earlier thread, but I have factory highline step lights that I'm wanting to fit to my van.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Do you mean this part? I need to order one as mine is damaged. I thought the heater grill was something fitted when it was converted?Iv not long had my T6 so I’m not sure.

A2ECEBA7-5346-48F5-B41D-6351B0EF5A93.jpeg

Hoping somebody can help, I have been online for what seems like an eternity and cant find or establish what part number I need to order a new offside front drivers step with heater grill and factory light cutout in satin black 9B9 - 82V.

Also need the part number for a new nearside front passenger step with factory light cutout in satin black 9B9 - 82V

I have found part number for step with heater grille but without the light hole from an earlier thread, but I have factory highline step lights that I'm wanting to fit to my van.

Here’s a thread with the common part numbers listed:
Part Numbers | T6Forum.com

The colour doesn’t look that dark but that could just be the camera. It’s not new but, if you can’t source one, may be an option.

VW T5 Multivan Kick Cover Kick Panel 7E5863736B right WEBASTO | eBay

Hello @Mooeee ,if the lights you have are the small standard Highline lights,then they are a different size cut out to the ones in the photo above ie.Caravelle,California lights. I am pretty sure this has been covered on here before and that the steps come in quite a few configurations. @Pauly can probably help with part numbers

Hello @Mooeee ,if the lights you have are the small standard Highline lights,then they are a different size cut out to the ones in the photo above ie.Caravelle,California lights. I am pretty sure this has been covered on here before and that the steps come in quite a few configurations. @Pauly can probably help with part numbers
Thanks its the bigger lights as in one of the photos above, I'm not to keen on the smaller plain lights that seem to be about now.

Beware of colour options!

Plus the expensive version with the stainless steel insert.

Ok @Mooeee ,then the lights you have are not factory Highline lights and the step you need will need to be a Caravelle step for your lights to fit

Ok @Mooeee ,then the lights you have are not factory Highline lights and the step you need will need to be a Caravelle step for your lights to fit
To be honest I'm trying to convert a panel van to something a bit more comfortable and I bought a couple of these to go in the front steps along with a Eberspacher heater so that's why I'm hoping to get a step with a grill and a light hole cutout plus trying keep steps in black or as near to black as is possible, that is if they actually make them in black with a heater grill and light cutout to suit what's in the the picture below. I don't think the California comes with any black plastic interior parts only creamy beige which are to light for what I want. Problem is there are about 30 different steps of various combinations & colours, the descriptions on the parts web sites are not all that clear as to what each part number refers too, so making it double hard, VW parts counters don't know what your talking about when you want a part that's not standard fitment to your own vehicle which again makes it difficult and I don't really want to end up with half a dozen steps hoping I get what I want. Is it just VW that are so hard to deal with at the parts counter?, I dealt with Porsche at Reading parts and they cant be more helpful even letting you sit with them in their office and establish what your after, their downloadable parts manuals tell you exactly what the part number refers to so 99% sure you get what you want. You can't even order over the phone and pay by credit card at my local VW dealer you have to pay them a visit which is going to prove a little difficult and to round it off TPS don't want your cash even with my parts requirements around the £950 probably not a big enough order for them anyway.

Highline light.jpg

Last edited:
Hi @Mooeee ,you will need a step for a Caravelle that has the Auxillary heating. If it is for a Caravelle,the light cut outs will be right for those lights that you have. You will want it in Titan Black which i think all the Caravelle ones are although i could be wrong on that being the only Caravelle colour.

Back