Drivers T6 door step with vent and Factory light cutout.

Have a search through this site (page) however be careful about the wording 'passenger's side & driver's side'. If the part numbers ninth digit is 'odd' the part fits left side or either side if not handed, even number fits right side. I believe this site refers to LHD vehicles! i.e. drivers side is on the left.

Light inserts are at...

Be aware the the connections on the long light with wording have a different connector to the short type!

TPS are all franchises not pure VW and they are all a PITA as they will only deal with trade customers.

Last edited:
Have a search through this site (page) however be careful about the wording 'passenger's side & driver's side'. If the part numbers ninth digit is 'odd' the part fits left side or either side if not handed, even number fits right side. I believe this site refers to LHD vehicles! i.e. drivers side is on the left.

Light inserts are at...

Be aware the the connections on the long light with wording have a different connector to the short type!

TPS are all franchises not pure VW and they are all a PITA as they will only deal with trade customers.
Thanks for the info and the link, seems I may have found the part numbers I require. Now tomorrow (Monday) down to the VW parts counter and do battle with them to get the best prices.

Do you mean this part? I need to order one as mine is damaged. I thought the heater grill was something fitted when it was converted?Iv not long had my T6 so I’m not sure.

View attachment 95521
@Curryzz My driver step looks exactly the same as yours. Did you confirm if it is a genuine OEM part with a grille fitted or added as part of the conversion? I ask as I am thinking of fitting the Vanx stainless steel door steps and will need to swap this vent over.

@Curryzz My driver step looks exactly the same as yours. Did you confirm if it is a genuine OEM part with a grille fitted or added as part of the conversion? I ask as I am thinking of fitting the Vanx stainless steel door steps and will need to swap this vent over.
The circular vent is aftermarket not OEM. The OEM step is this design...

As far as I am aware both with or without the stainless insert are available.

@rod_vw OK thanks. I am going for the Vanx steps, not the VW ones.
Does anyone know how to remove the circular vent? I haven’t really looked at mine yet.

Most likely you wil need to get under and remove the plastic covering to re-attach the pipe, It may have a jubilee clip that will need loosing before you can take it out.

Slightly off-topic but is there an elegant solution for this step on the passenger side, with vent? Or just cut it into a caravelle step?

Most likely you wil need to get under and remove the plastic covering to re-attach the pipe, It may have a jubilee clip that will need loosing before you can take it out.
I have just had a better look at this and yes there is a jubilee clip holding the silver inlet pipe onto the plastic vent. The undercovering for the actual heater needs to be removed for access. What a pain!!

2F2FFB49-2D9E-4412-89A1-B4BBCC1AEB99.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back