DPF Regen Frequency / Issues / Force discussion.

Hi All,

Had exact same problem, had flashing coil light for months, people scanned it and couldn’t find anything. Came on couple of weeks ago, restarted engine and went off. But accompanied by turbo whining.
Took it for a smoke test to see if had any leaks on pipes, none.
Took it to another garage and he spotted problem within 20mins. DPF was blocked, not letting gasses through. Them being pushed back and making turbo work overtime. And it’s just failing.
So now booked in for a new turbo and considering getting DPF removed and deleting. Really don’t want this again.

Hi Merryman.

Have you had any issues with your DPF removal. Considering mine doing as it’s caused turbo fail when blocked. And really don’t want it happening again. Cheers.
Or, bear with me for my crazy idea, buy a £25 Carista and a £40 a year subscription so you can be monitoring your DPF.

DPFs don’t just block for fun. Either you have
a) been ignoring the issue for a while, or
b) another engine issue that blocked it really quick, or
c) been doing lots of short journeys and never letting it complete a regen, or
d) a combination of a b and c.

The van tells you when it is doing a regen by increasing the revs, keeping the fans on if you happen to turn it off, and stinking.

Or, bear with me for my crazy idea, buy a £25 Carista and a £40 a year subscription so you can be monitoring your DPF.

DPFs don’t just block for fun. Either you have
a) been ignoring the issue for a while, or
b) another engine issue that blocked it really quick, or
c) been doing lots of short journeys and never letting it complete a regen, or
d) a combination of a b and c.

The van tells you when it is doing a regen by increasing the revs, keeping the fans on if you happen to turn it off, and stinking.
The below dpf app is better for monitoring your dpf in combination with a basic Carista and cheaper imho

6848C714-EEC7-485E-8EFC-4DC513D98E53.png

Hi folks is there a way to check regen history? Backstory, van was in at garage where a forced regen was done and I was charged for. I then jump into the van to drive away and it starts a regen. I check VAG dpf and sure enough it's at 24g of soot and regen is in full swing. Went back to the garage who are adamant they did a static one. Zero fault codes but garage are suggesting pressure sensor could be misreading soot content. I'm not totally convinced. Apparently the lower reading is a negative value in VCDS but from my reading on the forum this can be normal? Apparently it went from 18g to -3g when they did the regen.

I have vag dpf and carista, unfortunately I had logging turned off on vag dpf.

The DPF Monitor App above shows you the miles and minutes since last regen BUT it resets both to 0 once you complete a regen, so if your current regen has completed that'll be no use to you in this situation.

Reactions: mmi
The DPF Monitor App above shows you the miles and minutes since last regen BUT it resets both to 0 once you complete a regen, so if your current regen has completed that'll be no use to you in this situation.
Yeah that's the snag.

Interestingly the distance since last regen was at zero when the regen was still taking place (I've got a screenshot), like you say I'm sure it doesn't go to zero until it's complete, so maybe something was done.

Back