Downgrading from DSG to Manual….

VW-

…. But upgrading from Alhambra to VW Shuttle 2019.

Hey so I’ve ran up 200k miles on my Alhambra DSG and I am very close to purchasing a 2019 Transporter shuttle, Manual (no cruise control). It’s 52k miles and costing £35000. That’s all I can afford at the moment. So basic but it’s white has leather interior and tinted windows and the standard sound system is quite good. I’m easily impressed.

I’m used to getting my gearboxes serviced. Do these manual gearboxes need services as well? If so I’m guessing it will be every 40k miles.

My other question is about the timing belt. I’m used to changing these every 60k miles but the salesman said to be these are due every 100k on these. I know a salesman would say anything to get the sale so hoping to get real answers in here.

Again I’m hoping to run this to around 200000 mile mark as well so any advice for proper maintenance would be great.

Always wanted a transporter, probably the worst time to buy but honestly I’m really excited about joining the family.

Cheers from Glasgow

Hi man welcome. I am in Glasgow as well. Manual seems a good choice these days. Enjoy your new toy .

Reactions: VW-
…. But upgrading from Alhambra to VW Shuttle 2019.

Hey so I’ve ran up 200k miles on my Alhambra DSG and I am very close to purchasing a 2019 Transporter shuttle, Manual (no cruise control). It’s 52k miles and costing £35000. That’s all I can afford at the moment. So basic but it’s white has leather interior and tinted windows and the standard sound system is quite good. I’m easily impressed.

I’m used to getting my gearboxes serviced. Do these manual gearboxes need services as well? If so I’m guessing it will be every 40k miles.

My other question is about the timing belt. I’m used to changing these every 60k miles but the salesman said to be these are due every 100k on these. I know a salesman would say anything to get the sale so hoping to get real answers in here.

Again I’m hoping to run this to around 200000 mile mark as well so any advice for proper maintenance would be great.

Always wanted a transporter, probably the worst time to buy but honestly I’m really excited about joining the family.

Cheers from Glasgow
Welcome to the Forum.
The sales guy was right, it's 100K for a cambelt change now, but you're obviously free to get it done sooner if you're uneasy with that.
If you want to get 200K miles out of your new purchase my opinion is you'll need frequent oil changes and a bit of luck. I don't listen to VW, I change my engine oil every 8 to 10K miles, this long life oil and "extended service intervals" is just a sales gimmick to get the fleet orders, those customers don't worry about longevity because the van will be sold on at three or four years old.
That's just my opinion and I'm sure there are those that disagree.
Anyway, good luck with your new to you T6!

Welcome to the Forum.
The sales guy was right, it's 100K for a cambelt change now, but you're obviously free to get it done sooner if you're uneasy with that.
If you want to get 200K miles out of your new purchase my opinion is you'll need frequent oil changes and a bit of luck. I don't listen to VW, I change my engine oil every 8 to 10K miles, this long life oil and "extended service intervals" is just a sales gimmick to get the fleet orders, those customers don't worry about longevity because the van will be sold on at three or four years old.
That's just my opinion and I'm sure there are those that disagree.
Anyway, good luck with your new to you T6!
Hey mate. Cheers. Yeah man my mates have got the Trafic and Vito. I've always had a soft spot for these Transporters. Just hoping it wont let me down.

I am the same as you. I service my cars every 8-10k miles anyway. Oil change at least. Do you know if manual gearboxes get serviced?

Hi man welcome. I am in Glasgow as well. Manual seems a good choice these days. Enjoy your new toy .
Great to see a fellow Glaswegian. I am in the southside. I'd love an automatic but the price of them jeez. Just hope I am not buying at peak !!

Hey mate. Cheers. Yeah man my mates have got the Trafic and Vito. I've always had a soft spot for these Transporters. Just hoping it wont let me down.

I am the same as you. I service my cars every 8-10k miles anyway. Oil change at least. Do you know if manual gearboxes get serviced?
I've never serviced a manual gearbox and I've had several go over 200K miles without issue.

Reactions: DXX
Use premium diesel and regular oil changes, my only concern would be how the previous owner ran the vehicle.

You could already have an egr valve that’s caked in soot and carbon, hopefully it’s had regular maintenance.

I’ve ran mine from new with no stop/start, always premium diesel, Hydra diesel additives and fresh oil/filter at least every 12 months and my regens are less frequent and over very quickly.

Back