Dsg gearbox oil service/capacity issue!

Scandalxxx

Hi everyone. I've got 2.0 diesel Transporter with a 7 speed DSG gearbox. Its done 36k miles and was due for gearbox oil service. I've changed the oil filter and drained 6 litres of oil in total from drain plug and mechatronics unit. I've filled it with 6.8 litres of oil and during leveling procedure( van is level,oil temp at 40C,taken with Obd11) only little bit of oil came out .
My question is why did it it have 6 litres of oil previously,when manual says it should be around 5.5, and most importantly why i've managed to fill 6.7 now and its showing level. It drove perfectly fine before and it does now.
Thanks in advance

I wouldn't worry, if the van was level and oil temp was correct then the refilling is pretty fool proof with the hollow plug acting as a weir. I don't see how you could overfill or drain any more oil?

I wouldn't worry, if the van was level and oil temp was correct then the refilling is pretty fool proof with the hollow plug acting as a weir. I don't see how you could overfill or drain any more oil?
Well thats what i thought its just strange that it takes so much oil. Everyone says it shouldnt be more than 5.5 litres. Thanks

Back