Double seat in 3rd row

Peter Scott

Morning all, I have had a hunt but can't find similar.
I am looking to put a double seat in the 3rd row. Has anyone done this?
Need the space down the passenger side for poking surf boards down, and was thinking when row 2 and 3 are both folded down a nice bed (with a mattress topper) for some little ones.

I know this isn’t what you’re planning but will give you a view of how seat brackets sit for both mid row (triple singles) and rear row to accommodate one bench or two singles. I am pretty sure the mid row as it is would accept a standard double as on my old 5.1 I had four extra brackets installed to allow triple singles to be installed instead.

Might be an issue with plastics on side of the seat depending on what model you’ve got (on my shuttle the drivers side rear single has to have the outside plastic removed to be in the configuration as shown in the photo).

If you’re in Kent feel free to message and bring your double down to check for yourself :)
IMG_6849.jpeg

IMG_20230806_123116.jpg
I think it will work, green are front row orange are as per your set up. Have checked clearance under the seat to the wheel arch and think it's just clear.
Can't find anyone to do the job as its too small a job for the conversion companies so will have to do myself, (have removed them before for conversions so sort of know what's involved, need brace plates as won't be any welded to a van, think they just on shuttle/caravelle)

I'm puzzled got a seat and took under side off the van, the cross beams don't line up with the dimples so the reinforcement brackets you can buy won't work, I have measured up and drawn on the floor, what am I missing??

IMG_20230807_192326.jpg

All looks to work fine in lwb, reinforcement plates in center sections by wheel arch floor reinforced as its by the suspension mount area and can't get a plate in the small gap, fold both down and double bed. they offer this set up in euro options why not over here? All the mounting points were clearly there?

IMG_20230809_162925.jpg

IMG_20230809_163007.jpg

IMG_20230809_163000.jpg

Glad it worked out and glad my photos helped. Jsut to be clear though. They don’t offer this in Europe or uk. I had the drivers side brackets added myself. I’ve never seen another shuttle with a full row of factory installed brackets on the third row which would be the inky vehicle they’d do it in .

Back